Fun Lunch Orders Due TODAY!
Early Registration Ends Wednesday for the Jog! Sign-up Today!
- Jaguar Jog – Mark your calendar for the Jog on September 20th
- Variety Show
- Reach for the Stars PTA Playground Fundraiser
- Fun Lunch – Last Day to Order is Today, September 8, 2015
- Destination Imagination
1. Jaguar Jog
****REGISTER FOR THE JAGUAR JOG TODAY!!****September 20, 2015Events Include:
- 1 mile kids fun run (9:00 a.m.)
- 5k (9:45 a.m.)
- Sign ups for fun Whittier experiences
- Stretching Station
- After party at Ballydoyle!
Sign up by Wednesday to guarantee your t-shirt and avoid the price increase!
****Please contact Amy Cable at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Whittier Variety Show: Best Day of My Life!
It’s time to lace up those dancing shoes, loosen those vocal chords and get your funny on!
Friday, November 6th performance in the Jaguar Jungle for students and faculty
Saturday, November 14th at the Tivoli Theatre
Emcee and Stage Crew Applications due WEDNESDY!
Applications DUE by Wednesday, September 16th
Return to PTA mailbox at Whittier
Access application on PTA Variety Show web page and email to email@example.com
The schedule and all forms can be found on the variety show web pagehttp://whittierschoolpta.
Questions? Email Melissa Rausch at whittiervarietyshow@gmail.
3. Reach for the Stars fundraiser kick-off!
This is the last week for Reach for the Stars. Please encourage your child to participate in order to make it a successful fundraiser! Reach out to family, friends and neighbors for pledges. 100% of the money raised is returned to the school in money and books: 50% in cash for the playground fund, 40% for your child to pick out new books and 10% for your child’s teacher to pick out new books. If you need any help selecting books please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pledge envelopes with pledges, reading logs and order forms need to be turned in by Monday, September 14th.
4. Fun Lunch Orders Due Today
Volunteers are needed to help with Fun Lunch! Please go to the PTA Website under “Volunteering” to sign up!
Whittier Elementary School has partnered with orderlunches.com to provide a secure, fast, and easy-to-use online ordering system that allows parents to view our Fun lunch menu, order, prepay and manage student Fun lunches on the web.
Important Note Before You Begin:
IF you are eligible for free meals, Please contact Leslie at email@example.com or 6
Go To: www.orderlunches.com – (please bookmark this page)
- Click on Register: Password is: WES338, add account, profile(s) information
- Sign In & the Welcome page displays with Program Info (Order Schedule, Rules etc.)
- Click Order at Top of Nav Bar & go to proper month
- Click the Order link on the date to begin – First Lunch Date is: 9/18
- Check out & pay – Please be sure to complete the check-out process. Do not close your browser prior to receiving the confirmation display or your order may be interrupted and not fully processed. Items left in your shopping cart will not be processed and your order will not be placed.
FOOD or POLICY (Missed/Late Orders, Credits, and Changes/Cancellations): email Cheri at firstname.lastname@example.org
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (help navigating the site): email support@orderlunc
PAYMENT INFORMATION The program accepts payment by Debit Card or Credit Card: Visa, MasterCard & Discover.
Be sure to proceed to checkout and process your payment. Orders that are left in the shopping cart will NOT be processed and your student(s) will not be included in the lunch service.
Fun Lunch FAQ and Ordering Process
Thank you for participating in our school lunch program!
5. Destination Imagination
Inviting all interested parents to a Destination Imagination informational meeting.
Questions to be answered include:
- What is Destination Imagination?
- Who can participate?
- How do parents and students participate?
- How do I get started in leading a team?
Meeting to be held at the Downers Grove Library on Thursday, September 17 at 7:00 p.m.
Please RSVP to Wendy Carter at WENDYLCARTER@ATT.NET on or before Monday, Sept. 14.
Returning team managers are welcome, too!
*If your student(s) no longer attend Whittier School, please reply and we’ll promptly remove you from our email list.
Thank you for all you do,
Tiffany Kuelthau & Debbie Levinthal (PTA C0-Presidents)
Carla Giannelli & Karrie Donat (PTA C0-Vice Presidents)
Amy Ihde (PTA Secretary)
Corinne Potter (PTA Treasurer)
Mark Your Calendars
- Tuesday, September 8, 2015: Last Day to Sign Up for Fun Lunch
- Wednesday, September 9, 2015: Early Registration for the Jog ends
- Tuesday, September 15, 2015: General PTA Meeting
- Thursday, September 17, 2015: Destination Imagination Parent Information Meeting
- Friday, September 18, 2015: Variety Show Rehearsal 3:00-4:00
- Sunday, September 20, 2015: Jaguar Jog
- Friday, September 25, 2015: Variety Show Rehearsal 3:00-4:00
- Friday, October 2, 2015: Variety Show Rehearsal 3:00-4:00
- Friday, October 9, 2015: Variety Show Rehearsal 3:00-4:00
- Monday, October 12, 2015: Columbus Day, No School
- Tuesday, October 13, 2015: Teachers Institute No School
- Friday, October 16, 2015: Variety Show Rehearsal 3:00-4:00
- Tuesday, October 20, 2015: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, October 23, 2015: Variety Show Rehearsal 3:00-4:00
- Tuesday, October 27, 2015: Variety Show TECH Rehearsal 3:00-6:00 MANDATORY
- Tuesday, November 3, 2015: Variety Show Stage Crew Dry Run 3:00-5:00 MANDATORY
- Wednesday, November 4, 2015: Variety Show Dress Rehearsal 3:00-6:00 MANDATORY
- Friday, November 6, 2015: Variety Show School Performance
- Thursday, November 12, 2015: Variety Show Tivoli Rehearsal 3:00-5:00 MANDATORY
- Saturday, November 14, 2015: Variety Show at the Tivoli
- Tuesday, November 24, 2015 – Friday, November 27, 2015: Thanksgiving Holiday, No School
- Tuesday, December 8, 2015: General PTA Meeting
- Monday, December 21, 2015 – Sunday, January 3, 2016: Winter Break, No School
- Monday, January 18, 2016: Martin Luther King Day, No School
- Tuesday, January 19, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, February 12, 2016: No School
- Tuesday, February 16, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, March 4, 2016: Teacher Inservice, No School
- Tuesday, March 15, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, March 25, 2016 – Sunday, April 3, 2016: Spring Break, No School
- Tuesday, April 19, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Tuesday, May 17, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Monday, May 30, 2016: Memorial Day, No School
- *Friday, June 3, 2016: Last Day of School
- *June 6 – June 10 possible emergency days