- TOMORROW 9/27 – Walking Club (during school recess)
- Thursday 9/28 – GIRLS’ DAY OUT Shopping Event in downtown DG (see below for details)
- Friday 9/29 – Whittier Spirit Day! – Show school spirit in Whittier wear or blue and gold
- Tuesday 10/3 – Sports Day (wear any team shirt, jersey, or team colors)
- Masterpiece of the Month
- Girls’ Day Out in Downtown DG
- Yorktown “School Bucks Program”
- After School Spanish NEEDS In-Class Volunteer!
- Experience Payment
- Chess Scholars
- Fun Lunch Volunteers Needed
- Wanted: Walking Club Volunteers
- Save the Date! Variety Show
1. Masterpiece of the Month
Calling all Art lovers! We need volunteers for Masterpiece of the Month
What is Masterpiece of the Month? A monthly art program for Grades 1-5 where the kids are introduced to an Artist and a famous masterpiece through discussion, crafts and reading.
Can you help out? YES!! We need parent volunteers for each classroom to continue to make this program a success.
Is it a huge time commitment? NO! Maybe 1-2 hours for the month you are presenting and we try to have at least two parents for each classroom so you only have to present every other month.
But I know nothing about Art? THAT’s OK! We have lots of resources and very experienced parents that have done this for years and can help out.
Will my kid think I am a Rock Star? YES! In fact, every kid in the class will think you are a Rock Star! The smiles we get when we walk into the classroom each month are priceless not to mention the imagination and creativity we are fostering.
Please contact Kristi Maher at email@example.com or 630.772.1966 if interested in volunteering!
2. Girls’ Day Out in Downtown DG
Girls’ Day Out shopping day is THIS THURSDAY, September 28th! Shop or dine at participating businesses between 10am – 8pm and they will give back 10% to DG school PTA’s!
CLICK HERE for the flier for more information.
CLICK HERE for the printable HALL PASS to use each time you make a purchase!
Thank you for giving back to our PTA!
3. Yorktown “School Bucks Program”
Please support our schools together by participating in the Yorktown School Bucks Program!!
Shop at these destinations for DOUBLE POINTS:
September 24 – 30: ALDO and Finish Line
How it works:
After shopping and dining at Yorktown, your school’s family and friends can show their Yorktown Center receipts at the Guest Services desk (located on the Lower Level, below The Eatery and near Von Maur) to accumulate points. Shoppers must specify which participating school to allocate the points to.
Show your movie ticket receipts from AMC 18 Yorktown for an easy (and fun!) 75 points per ticket!
Thank you for shopping and giving back to our PTA!
Receipts must be redeemed within 60 days of purchase date. Receipts will be collected from August 1, 2017 until May 1, 2018.
For Whittier to receive a monetary reward we need to provide $2,000 in receipts by May 1, 2018.
Prizes awarded to school:
1st place – $10,000
2nd place – $4,000
3rd place – $3,000
4th place – $2,000
5th place – $1,000
4. After-School Spanish NEEDS In-Class Volunteer!
After-school Spanish starts next Thursday, October 5th! There is still time to sign up! Click HERE to register, choose “Spanish” and then scroll down to the drop down menu and select Whittier’s class for online registration. Instructions on registering by mail are also provided. Click HERE for the updated flier.
Classes are held every Thursday beginning October 5th from 3-3:50 at Whittier for a 20 week session. Cost is $280. Currently the class is open to Grades 1-6 only.
We are still in need for a parent volunteer to attend each class, and you will receive half tuition for your child for your service! If interested in being the volunteer or for any questions email Rachel Carrero @ firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Experience Payment
Please check your Experience invoices – if you find any errors or have any questions let us know.
How to pay for the Fall 2017 Experiences:
- Payment for all experiences is due by October 2nd. Any unpaid spots will be released and filled by the next person on the waitlist.
- Check Payment– Please place your check in an envelope labeled “Whittier PTA Experiences” and send it with your student to school.
- Credit Card Payment– A credit card authorization will be attached to the invoice and can be labeled and delivered the same as if paying cash. In addition, Lori Achilles will be available before and after school September 25th – September 29th with the swipe machine for credit card payment. Please look for her by the primary doors from8:15- 8:25am and 2:45-2:55pm.
- Experiences that are not filled at the Jaguar Jog will be available for online registration by October 2nd. Payment is due at the time of online registration (credit card only). Please call Michelle (331) 625-9932 or Carla (331) 481-1618 if you have any issues with online access or need to use another form of payment. Thank you!
6. Chess Scholars
The fall session of after-school chess starts Monday, Oct. 2! Classes are held immediately after school at Whittier. For all the information to sign up CLICK HERE for the flier.
7. Fun Lunch Volunteers Needed
8. Wanted: Walking Club Volunteers
9. Save the Date! Variety Show
SAVE THE DATE! The Variety Show will be held on Feb. 3rd this year. Stay tuned for additional details. https://whittierschoolpta.org/