- TODAY 10/31 – Halloween Parade @ Whittier (outside, east of the school)
- TODAY 10/31 – Reflections Submissions DUE by 3pm
- Wednesday 11/1 – Walking Club (during school recess)
- Thursday 11/2 – Wacky Hair Day
- Friday 11/3 – Fun Lunch! – Great American Bagel
- Friday 11/3 – Whittier Spirit Day! – Show school spirit in Whittier wear or blue & gold
- Monday 11/6 – Dress the Turkey Night (1st Grade) – 6pm
- Committee Chairs NEEDED : Jaguar Jog
- Reading Games
- Family Math Night POSTPONED
- Volunteers Needed for Book Fair!
- Hospitality Committee Needs Your Help!
- Wanted: Walking Club Volunteers
- Yorktown “School Bucks Program”
1. Committee Chairs NEEDED : Jaguar Jog
WHITTIER PTA NEEDS YOUR HELP!
Do you love the Jaguar Jog? Have a knack for delegating and organizing? Then we NEED YOU! The PTA is actively seeking TWO NEW co-chairs for the 2018 & 2019 Jaguar Jog!
Duties mainly include forming the committee of volunteers to coordinate the Jog and making it a fun and successful event!
Cindy Maquet, our outgoing chair, has done a wonderful job in making sure the pass off will be as easy and seamless as possible!! If you would like to know more of what the job entails, please contact Cindy @ email@example.com
If interested in the position, contact Rachel Carrero @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your consideration in volunteering for this very important PTA fundraiser!
3. Reading Games
Over 100 teams of excited readers have already signed up for the 2018 Reading Games. If you have a child who would like to participate but does not have a team, you may request a spot during the individual student registration. Individual student registration will open Wednesday, Nov 1 at 9am, and will close Sunday, Nov 5 at 9pm.Although spots are not guaranteed on a team, the Reading Games chairs will do their best to match children to existing teams, or to assist you in creating a new team, by Nov 15. You will need to provide your child’s name, grade, and school, reading level (1 or 2), and an indication of whether you could volunteer as a team leader if a new team is formed. Please note, students who are on an existing team do not need to register.
4. Family Math Night POSTPONED
5. Volunteers Needed for Book Fair!
Our fall book fair is just around the corner, November 14-16! Anderson’s Book Fair Company (ABC) offers the finest selection of children’s literature of any bookfair company out there. All titles are hand selected by ABC and Ms. Coleman to offer the best selection possible.
We need your help! Please CLICK HERE to sign up for an hour to assist in selling books.
6. Hospitality Committee Needs Your Help!
7. Walking Club
8. Yorktown “School Bucks Program”
Please support our schools together by participating in the Yorktown School Bucks Program!!
October 31: Happy Halloween! Double points. All day. All stores and restaurants.
HOW IT WORKS:
After shopping and dining at Yorktown, your school’s family and friends can show their Yorktown Center receipts at the Guest Services desk (located on the Lower Level, below The Eatery and near Von Maur) to accumulate points. Shoppers must specify which participating school to allocate the points to.
Show your movie ticket receipts from AMC 18 Yorktown for an easy (and fun!) 75 points per ticket!
Thank you for shopping and giving back to our PTA!
Receipts must be redeemed within 60 days of purchase date. Receipts will be collected from August 1, 2017 until May 1, 2018.
For Whittier to receive a monetary reward, we need to provide $2,000 in receipts by May 1, 2018.