TOMORROW 10/31 Halloween Parade 1:30pm
- FUN Lunch! Culver’s
- Reflections Competition Entry Deadline
- Spirit Day – Wear your Whittier Wear or blue/gold
- Math Night 6:30-7:30pm
- Whittier Parent Forum 7:30-8:30 pm
11/8 Dress the Turkey Night (1st Grade) 6-7pm
- Picture Retake Day
- Board of Education Meeting 7pm @ DG Village Hall
11/19-11/23 NO SCHOOL Thanksgiving Break
11/26 NO SCHOOL Teacher Institute Day
11/30 Coffee with the PTA Presidents @ Panera on Ogden Ave – 9am
- KOHA App
- Coffee with the Presidents
- Amazon Smile 5% Donation
- Math Night
1. KOHA App
Support our local businesses AND give back to Whittier’s PTA by downloading the KOHA app!
KOHA is a loyalty program to help simplify fundraising when you shop local.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the KOHA app on iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device.
- Make a purchase at participating KOHA merchant locations.
- Use the app to take a picture of the receipt.
- A percentage of the purchase amount goes to Whittier PTA, and to you in rewards points. Accumulate points and redeem rewards at any KOHA merchant location!
CLICK HERE to visit the KOHA website for more information. Thank you for taking the time to give back to Whittier!
2. Coffee with the Presidents
3. Amazon Smile 5% Donation
AmazonSmile has donated over $100 million to charities around the world! To celebrate, they’re launching the biggest bonus donation to date… now through Nov 2 they are donating 5% (ten times the usual amount!) to Whittier Elementary School PTA!
CLICK HERE to start shopping! Most purchases are AmazonSmile eligible.
4. Math Night
Calling all Artists! PTA Reflections Program is now accepting submissions! This year’s theme is “Heroes Around Me”
- The Reflections Competition is a nationwide fine arts competition offered by the PTA.
- Students can submit an entry in any of the following categories: Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts, Dance Choreography, or Film Production.
- Three students in each category will “win” at the school level and be sent on to compete at the Council level.
- There is a Ceremony in December to recognize school winners and announce Council winners. Council winners will move on to the state competition.
- Students can turn projects in at the office or contact Wendy Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-696-0553 to drop off submissions.
- The entry deadline is THIS Friday, November 2nd!
- CLICK HERE for the student entry form