“Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.” – Lucille Ball
As always, there is A LOT of PTA action going on and coming up! You’re probably already keeping plenty busy already, but you’ll definitely want to mark your calendar for the following key evenings that you won’t want to miss.
- Tuesday, November 18th– November PTA Meeting with Special Parent Education Presentation from District 58 Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction, Dr. Matt Rich (presentation time TBD)
- Friday, March 20th – Spring Fundraising Event at the American Legion Hall (more details to come)
We are so fortunate to have a wonderful Whittier Community. Thank you!
Rita Brezina & Valerie Hardy (PTA Co-Presidents)
Tiffany Kuelthau & Debbie Levinthal (PTA Co-Vice Presidents)
Amy Ihde (PTA Secretary)
Corinne Potter (PTA Treasurer)
Volunteers Needed for Whittier’s Winter Wonderland Event
What happens when you mix the North Pole and Downers Grove? Whittier’s very own Winter Wonderland is born! Have you signed up to attend this spectacular holiday event for the whole family being held at Whittier on Sunday, December 7th from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.? If not, space is still available. The cost is $45 per family, and all proceeds go to the Whittier PTA. Contact Valerie Hardy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up to attend.
Whether you’re attending with your family or not, please consider signing up to volunteer at Whittier’s Winter Wonderland. Visit https://whittierschoolpta.org/volunteering/fall-fundraiser/ for a full listing of volunteer opportunities.
Do you have a teenaged child or know of another local teen who could use volunteer hours? Look no further. The Winter Wonderland also welcomes teen volunteers. To register a teen to volunteer, contact Valerie Hardy at email@example.com.
Order a Market Day Pie and Help Us Earn Additional Funds for the Whittier LRC
Order a pie this month and help us double our profits earned! Market Day has a wonderful selection of delicious pies that are perfect for the holidays or anytime! If we can sell 100 pies this month, then Market Day will generously double our percentage earned. We can reach our goal easily, if every family is willing to order a pie or two! This is a great time to also ask other family members, neighbors, co-workers, etc. to purchase one as well. They will be available for pick up before the holidays! Best of all, the PTA is willing to donate all our profits to the Whittier LRC so new materials can be purchased for our children’s enjoyment!
All pie orders and regular Market Day orders are due by Monday, Nov 3. As always you may purchase online at marketday.com or fill out the form that went home and return it to your child’s teacher by this date.
Please contact Kellie Miller (812) 204-4384 or Amy Gassen (630) 971-0689 with any questions.
Just a reminder that Wednesday is tech rehearsal! All participants will meet in the gym. Check with the adult supervisor of your group to figure out approximate time to pick up your child.
Mark your calendars for November 15th at 10am to come see Team Whittier: Everything is Awesome! At the Tivoli.
“The world would be a better place if…”
ENTRY DEADLINE: MONDAY NOVEMBER 3,2014
Only one more week to perfect your project for the The PTA Reflections Program!! Please turn in your project to your class room teacher or directly to the office.
Reflections offers students a chance to show their artistic and creative side for fun and recognition! The Whittier PTA invites all Whittier students to participate and create original works of art based on this years theme; “The world would be a better place if…”
There are many categories in which to show your talent! Visit the PTA Reflections website at www.illinoispta.org/
Please contact Wendy Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-696-0553 with any questions.
Destination Imagination – Thursday, Oct, 30 Meeting Canceled
If you would like information on joining or creating a Destination Imagination team, please contact Carla Cash at email@example.com. and I will meet with anyone interested personally.
Thank you to everyone who attended the family fun night at Culver’s! And, a BIG thank you to Mr. Krugman, Ms. Carey, Mr. Swade, Mrs. Coleman, Mrs. Lyons, Mrs. Plepel and Mrs. Kluga for taking time out of their busy schedules to come and support our event. The kids really enjoy seeing you all there!
We raised $327.00 dollars. Thank you! We will be hosting another family fun night in November at Tap House. Look for information in next weeks Whittier Weekly. Any questions or concerns, please let me know. Shannon Quinn Ssq1973@sbcglobal.net 1-630-484-1003
Hospitality Committee Volunteers Needed for Conferences
The Hospitality Committee would like to invite Whittier parents interested in volunteering to provide hospitality for our wonderful teachers and staff. Opportunities include providing dinners at parent/teacher conferences and at a teacher/staff holiday luncheon. Please view the link below to see how you can help.
Tivoli Bowl American Heart Association Fundraiser
Mark Your Calendars
- Wednesday, October 29: Variety Show Tech Rehearsal
- Monday, November 3: Reflections Entry Due
- Monday, November 3: Market Day Pie Orders Due
- Wednesday, November 5: Variety Show Dress Rehearsal
- Friday, November 7: School Variety Show
- Friday, November 7: Fun Lunch
- Monday, November 10: No School, Teacher Institute
- Tuesday, November 11: No School, Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 13: Tivoli Rehearsal
- Saturday, November 15: Variety Show at the Tivoli Theater
- Wednesday, November 19: Conferences, Regular School Attendance Day
- Thursday, November 20: Conferences, Regular School Attendance Day
- Friday, November 21: Fun Lunch
- Wednesday, November 26: No School
- Thursday, November 27-28: No School, Thanksgiving Break
- Friday, December 12: Fun Lunch
- December 22, 2014 – January 2, 2015: Winter Break
- Monday, January 5: Classes Resume
- Monday, January 19: No School, Martin Luther King Day
- Wednesday, February 4: Half-Day
- Wednesday, February 11: Conferences, Regular School Attendance Day
- Thursday, February 12: Conferences, Regular School Attendance Day
- Monday, February 16: No School, Presidents’ Day
- Friday, February 27: No School, Teacher Institute Day
- Monday, March 30 – Monday, April 6: No School, Spring Break
- Tuesday, April 7: Classes Resume
- Monday, May 25: No School, Memorial Day
- Wednesday, June 3: Last Day of School if no emergency days are used
- *Wednesday, June 10: Last Day of School
- *June 4-June 10 are emergency days and may be declared holidays if not needed