“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
- Wednesday 10/26 – Red Ribbon Week – Spirit Day, Wear Blue/Gold
- Wednesday 10/26 – Walking Club & Store (during lunch recess)
- Thursday 10/27 – Red Ribbon Week – Sports Day
- Thursday 10/27 – Variety Show (SECRET) Flash Mob Dance Instruction Drop-In – 7-8pm in the gym
- Friday 10/28 – Red Ribbon Week – Be Inspired by Who You Are! Wear a piece of flare (hat, scarf, jewelry, special outfit, button, etc.) that expresses who you are!
- Friday 10/28 – Variety Show Rehearsal on the Whittier Stage – 3-4pm
- Monday 10/31 – Halloween Parade – 1:30pm on the east blacktop
- Order Whittier Spirit Wear
- It’s Time For WRECK!
- Mom’s Night Out @ SPENGA
- Variety Show
- Book Fair Volunteer Request
- Hospitality Committee Needs Your Help!
- Reading Games
- LRC Subscriptions
- Reflections Fine Arts Competition
- Student Council Events
1. Order Whittier Spirit Wear
2. It’s Time For WRECK!
Please e-mail Andy Knudsen at email@example.com to sign up.
3. Mom’s Night Out @ SPENGA
Hey everyone! Join us for a Mom’s Night Out!
SPENGA invited Whittier moms to enjoy a free class on Tuesday, November 1st at 8pm.
SPENGA is an hour workout that combines spin, strength, and yoga.
To book your reservation call the studio at 630.395.9585
SPENGA is located at 5216 Main St in Downers Grove
Space is limited to 22 people so make sure to call soon to get in!
Now is your time to try it with our Whittier friends!
There will be a raffle and specials on buying memberships for us that night.
We can follow up to rehydrate at a local establishment after!
Join in the fun!
CLICK HERE for more information on the SPENGA experience!
4. Variety Show
Drop in to the Whittier gym Thursday from 7-8 to learn the moves to the TOP SECRET Flash mob!
Music and prop lists due by Friday!!
Questions? Contact Melissa Rausch – firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Book Fair Volunteer Request
November Bookfair – There are still a few slots needed to be filled!
We could use your help selling these wonderful books. Please sign up through the Sign up Genius link below.
6. Hospitality Committee needs your help!
7. Reading Games
8. LRC Subscriptions
We are looking for some families to make a worthwhile contribution to the LRC at Whittier by sponsoring a magazine subscription. Magazines provide a unique opportunity to get children interested in reading while developing the critical academic skills they will need in the years to come. The selection of magazines is wide ranging and will certainly appeal to boys and girls of all ages and interests.
With parent contributions we will receive a full year of issues in the LRC. Your help is making this valuable resource a part of our kids’ education and is greatly appreciated. Interested families can review the list of magazines and subscription rates here and send a check (payable to Whittier PTA) to Carla Giannelli via backpack mail.
LRC Subscriptions – updated!
9. Reflections Fine Arts Competition
10. Student Council Events