- Tomorrow 11/8 – Walking Club & Store (during lunch recess)
- Thursday 11/9 – Student Council Spirit Day – TWIN DAY
- Friday 11/10 – Whittier Spirit Day! – Show school spirit in Whittier wear or blue & gold
- Friday 11/10 – Report Card Day
- NEXT WEEK – Student Council Fundraiser – Smencil Sale ($2 apiece) benefiting the Red Cross
- Committee Chairs NEEDED : Jaguar Jog
- Conference with Mrs. Gergits
- Family Fun Night – Culver’s
- Volunteers Needed for Book Fair!
- Hospitality Committee Needs Your Help!
- Wanted: Walking Club Volunteers
- Yorktown “School Bucks Program”
1. Committee Chairs NEEDED : Jaguar Jog
WHITTIER PTA NEEDS YOUR HELP!
Do you love the Jaguar Jog? Have a knack for delegating and organizing? Then we NEED YOU! The PTA is actively seeking TWO NEW co-chairs for the 2018 & 2019 Jaguar Jog!
Duties mainly include forming the committee of volunteers to coordinate the Jog and making it a fun and successful event!
Cindy Maquet, our outgoing chair, has done a wonderful job in making sure the pass off will be as easy and seamless as possible!! If you would like to know more of what the job entails, please contact Cindy @ firstname.lastname@example.org
If interested in the position, contact Rachel Carrero @ email@example.com
Thank you for your consideration in volunteering for this very important PTA fundraiser!
2. Conference with Mrs. Gergits
Parent Teacher Conferences are next week. If you would like to schedule a conference with the Reading Specialist, Mrs. Gergits please send her an email with a couple possible dates and times. firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Family Fun Night – Culver’s
Thanksgiving is just around the corner! Give yourself a break on Monday, November 20th (between 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.) and let Culver’s of Downers Grove do the cooking. A night without having to make dinner is certainly something to be thankful for, and getting to dine and socialize with many of your Whittier friends and neighbors is even better. See the flier for more information. Hard copies of the flier will go home with students the week of 11/13. However, as long as customers mention Whittier, 10% of their purchase amount will go back to the Whittier PTA. So please encourage your local family, friends, and neighbors who may not have children attending Whittier to also stop by Culver’s that evening. Offer valid for dine-in and drive-thru orders.
4. Volunteers Needed for Book Fair!
Our fall book fair is just around the corner, November 14-16! Anderson’s Book Fair Company (ABC) offers the finest selection of children’s literature of any bookfair company out there. All titles are hand selected by ABC and Ms. Coleman to offer the best selection possible.
We need your help! Please CLICK HERE to sign up for an hour to assist in selling books.
5. Hospitality Committee Needs Your Help!
6. Walking Club
7. Yorktown “School Bucks Program”
Please support our schools together by participating in the Yorktown School Bucks Program!!
THIS WEEK : Double points @ Eddie Bauer and Orvis!!
HOW IT WORKS:
After shopping and dining at Yorktown, your school’s family and friends can show their Yorktown Center receipts at the Guest Services desk (located on the Lower Level, below The Eatery and near Von Maur) to accumulate points. Shoppers must specify which participating school to allocate the points to.
Show your movie ticket receipts from AMC 18 Yorktown for an easy (and fun!) 75 points per ticket!
Thank you for shopping and giving back to our PTA!
Receipts must be redeemed within 60 days of purchase date. Receipts will be collected from August 1, 2017 until May 1, 2018.
For Whittier to receive a monetary reward, we need to provide $2,000 in receipts by May 1, 2018.