- Friday 12/1 – Whittier Spirit Day – Wear your Whittier Wear or blue/gold!
- Friday 12/1 – FUN LUNCH! – Buona Beef
- 12/4-12/8 – Student Council Candy Cane Sale (order forms will be sent home on December 4th)
- Spring Fundraiser – Volunteers for Experiences Needed!
- Family Fun Night – Panda Express
- Six Flags Read to Succeed
- Young Rembrandts
- Variety Show
- Committee Chairs NEEDED : Jaguar Jog
- Chess Scholars
- Yorktown “School Bucks Program”
1. Spring Fundraiser – Volunteers for Experiences Needed!
2. Family Fun Night – Panda Express
3. Six Flags Read to Succeed
Read to Succeed Record Form are attached. Read to Succeed is a free program sponsored by Six Flags Theme Parks. Every student who completes six hours of recreational reading is eligible for a free admission ticket, valid at the participating Six Flags Great America. Read to Succeed will begin Tuesday, November 28th and go through Tuesday, January 9th.
CLICK HERE for the info letter
CLICK HERE for the printable Student Reading Log
4. Young Rembrandts After-School Elementary Drawing
5. Variety Show
2018 Variety Show – Sign Up is now open!
What is the Variety Show? A star-studded event held at Tivoli Theater on Saturday, Feb 3 at 10am. Acts big and small come together for an impressive display of the many talents of our Whittier students.
Who can participate? Any Whittier student! Students can join as a group (larger groups are particularly common for younger ages) or perform a solo talent. 6th graders have the option to volunteer for emcee or stage crew roles too.
What is the time commitment? Check out the schedule of formal rehearsals (dress, tech, stage time, etc) run by the Variety Show parent volunteers on the link below. Otherwise all talent selection, transportation, practice, team names, costumes are the responsibility of the student.
How do I register my child and/or their group?
* Sign your student up here (all participants must submit the waiver)
* Sign your group up here (only one submission per group is needed)
* Stage crew or emcee submissions here (Open to 6th graders only – must pick to do this OR an act, not both. Please note that emcee sign ups are not going to be on a first come first served basis. If we get more signups that we have space for, we will draw names out of a hat. Students would then have an opportunity to sign up for an act. )
If you have space issues for a large group to practice, please reach out to us at email@example.com
All music (and acts themselves) must be cut to be lyric appropriate and :90 or less
*******DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 1st FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS*******
QUESTIONS? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to see your kids shine!
The Variety Show Committee
Sarah Bogaczyk, Rita Brezina, Briar & Matt Croft, Val Hardy & Ann Russell
6. Committee Chairs NEEDED : Jaguar Jog
We are still searching for our TWO NEW co-chairs for the 2018 & 2019 Jaguar Jog! If you are thinking you may be interested but are hesitant for any reason please contact Cindy Maquet (email@example.com) for more info on what the job entails. There are many volunteers for support! Duties mainly include forming the committee of volunteers to coordinate the Jog and making it a fun and successful event.
If interested in the position, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your consideration in volunteering for this very important PTA fundraiser!
7. Chess Scholars
The winter session of after-school chess starts Monday, December 18th! Classes are held immediately after school at Whittier. For all the information to sign up CLICK HERE for the flier. Please register by Friday, December 8th for the early bird price of $121!
8. Yorktown “School Bucks Program”
Please support our schools together by participating in the Yorktown School Bucks Program!!
HOW IT WORKS:
After shopping and dining at Yorktown, your school’s family and friends can show their Yorktown Center receipts at the Guest Services desk (located on the Lower Level, below The Eatery and near Von Maur) to accumulate points. Shoppers must specify which participating school to allocate the points to.
Show your movie ticket receipts from AMC 18 Yorktown for an easy (and fun!) 75 points per ticket!
Thank you for shopping and giving back to our PTA!
Receipts must be redeemed within 60 days of purchase date. Receipts will be collected from August 1, 2017 until May 1, 2018.
For Whittier to receive a monetary reward, we need to provide $2,000 in receipts by May 1, 2018.