Bookfair with Anderson’s – November 19, 20, and 23 – LRC
1. Variety Show DVD Orders
2. Conferences with Mrs. Gergits
3. Fun Lunch Spring Semester
4. District PTA Upcoming Meetings
5. Student Council
6. Whittier Bookfair
7. Winter Wonderland
1. Variety Show
Thank you to all the students who participated in this year’s variety show! If you want to order a DVD please submit the order by the end of the week!
DVD Order form
2. Conferences with Mrs. Gergits, Whittier’s Reading Specialist
If anyone is interested in setting up a separate conference with Mrs. Gergits, Whittier’s Reading Specialist, she will be available both Thursday, November 19th in the evening and Monday, November 23rd during the day.
Simply email her with a couple times you are available and she will add you to her schedule.
Christy Gergits email@example.com
3. Fun Lunch
Fun Lunch 2nd Semester Ordering open from 11/20/15-12/20/15. Orders will need to be placed for the entire spring semester during this time. After 12/20/15, ordering will be closed.
An email will go out Wednesday for those registered on the orderlunches site and also a paper copy of the flyer will go home in backpacks Wednesday or Thursday of this week.
Nov 20: Potbelly:
Dec 4: Uncle bubs
Dec 18: Mojos
Jan 8: Skuttlebutts
Jan 22: GAB
Feb 5: McDonalds
Feb19: Buona Beef
March 4: Potbelly
March 18: Uncle Bubs
April 8: Mojos
April 22: GAB
Last full day of school in June: McDonald’s
4. District PTA Upcoming Meetings
Building Bridges—A group of District parents that come together to discuss special needs in District 58. The next meeting will be on Wednesday December 2nd at 7pm, Hillcrest School. The topic will be transitions. Transitions from pre-school to kindergarten, grade to grade, new teachers, the leap to middle school and how these transitions can be made easier for students with special needs. Building Bridges has a FB page, Building Bridges Parent/Teacher Group, be sure to like them for ongoing information.
The Glenbard Parent Series is hosting Ken Ginsburg, M.D. His talk “The Skills to Succeed: Masterning the Tools To Thrive in a High Pressure Culture Now and in the Future” will take place at 6:15pm on November 17th at the College of DuPage. For more information visit them on Facebook: Glenbard Parents Series.
The annual SIT conference will take place in Bensenville on January 22nd. This is a technology driven conference for children in grades 3-12. For more information visit www.sitconference.org
5. Student Council
The Caramel Apple sale earned $350.00 for the Student Council. Thank you so much for your support!
The week after Thanksgiving, November 30-December 4th, the Student Council is having a collection for PADS clients of DuPage County. If you can donate toothpaste, toothbrushes, or any new or gently used winter wear like hats, gloves, mittens or scarves we would really appreciate it. Adult sizes are definitely needed, but we will also accept child-sized items too.
The week of December 7th-11th will be our annual Candy Cane sale. We will be selling candy canes for 25 cents each or 5 for $1.00. Proceeds will go towards our selected charities for this year.
Upcoming Spirit Days in December include:
Wednesday, December 9th – Holiday Sweater/Shirt or Colors Day
Monday, December 14th – Holiday Hat day
Thursday, December 17th – PJ/comfy clothes day and a Read-In (we’ll spend time in our classrooms doing some fun, independent reading of any books we love!)
6. Bookfair with Anderson’s – November 19, 20, and 23 – LRC
We are excited to be working with Anderson’s Bookfair Company for the Fall Book Fair. We customized the fair to include recommendations from teachers and the librarian as well as a wide variety of genres.
A few items to note:–Reading Games Books will be available.
–Students will create wishlists that will be available to you.
–Teachers have created lists of books they recommend as well as wishlists for their classrooms.
–No toys, just books.
–By using Anderson’s, we are entitled to FREE author visits, including the one that occurred last month.
–students will have access to preview the fair during the week of 11/16; however, there will be no sales permitted during the school day. Please do not send money to school with your children.
You will receive a full-color flyer with just some of the great selections.
If you would like to volunteer, please contact Jen Mielke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, November 19; 3:00-8:00pm (PTC Night)
Friday, November 20; 3:00-6:00pm (Extra Night)
Monday, November 23; 8:00am-12noon (PTC Day)
Denise Lazar, Jen Mielke and Kelly ColemanEvent Co-Chairs
7. Winter Wonderland Family Photos with Profession Photog Miles Boone
-A Secret Santa holiday shoppe will be set up for children to purchase inexpensive gifts for their friends and family. Gift-wrapping included.
-Sing along karaoke-style to your favorite winter and holiday classics.
-Children will create a holiday project and play holiday-themed games for fun prizes that might even make for a festive gift to give!-Write a letter to Santa (or to whoever else they’d like to share their wishlist with this season).
-A photo station with photography provided by Miles Boone Photography will be available so don your holiday best and get ready for a merry and bright time!
For more information on Miles Boone Photography or to schedule a family couch photo session contact Miles atmiles@milesboonephotography.
Whittier’s Winter Wonderland is coming up on December 6, 11:30-1:30.
Your family can still participate ($40/family) by emailing Rita Brezina email@example.com.
- Tuesday, November 17, 2015: Intramurals (grades 5-6)
- Thursday, November 19, 2015: PTA Fall Book Fair (3-8)
- Thursday, November 19, 2015: Parent / Teacher Conferences
- Friday, November 20, 2015: PTA Fall Book Fair (3-6)
- Friday, November 20, 2015: Blue & Gold Spirit Day
- Monday, November 23, 2015: Parent Teacher Conferences
- Monday, November 23, 2015: PTA Fall Book Fair (8-12)
- Tuesday, November 24, 2015 – Friday, November 27, 2015: Thanksgiving Holiday, No School
- Tuesday, December 1, 2015: Intramurals (Grades 5-6) 2:55-3:55
- Friday, December 4, 2015: Blue & Gold Spirit Day
- Monday, December 7, 2015: Music Program Grades 5 and 6 at 9:00 am
- Tuesday, December 8, 2015: General PTA Meeting
- Wednesday, December 9th: Holiday Sweater/Shirt or Colors Day
- Monday, December 14th: Holiday Hat day
- Thursday, December 17th: PJ Day
- Monday, December 21, 2015 – Sunday, January 3, 2016: Winter Break, No School
- Monday, January 18, 2016: Martin Luther King Day, No School
- Tuesday, January 19, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, February 12, 2016: No School
- Tuesday, February 16, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, March 4, 2016: Teacher Inservice, No School
- Saturday, March 12, 2015: Reading Games
- Tuesday, March 15, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, March 25, 2016 – Sunday, April 3, 2016: Spring Break, No School
- Friday, April 8, 2016: Spring Fundraiser LP4P 2
- Tuesday, April 19, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Tuesday, May 17, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Monday, May 30, 2016: Memorial Day, No School
- *Friday, June 3, 2016: Last Day of School
- *June 6 – June 10 possible emergency day