- TODAY and TOMORROW – Student Council Fundraiser – Smencil Sale ($2 apiece) benefiting the American Red Cross
- TODAY – Fall Book Fair in the LRC: 3-5pm
- Wednesday 11/15 – Fall Book Fair in the LRC: 3-8pm
- Wednesday 11/15 – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Thursday 11/16 – Fall Book Fair in the LRC: 3-8pm
- Thursday 11/16 – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Friday 11/17 – Whittier Spirit Day! – Show school spirit in Whittier wear or blue & gold
- Friday 11/17 – FUN LUNCH! – Uncle Bub’s
- Variety Show
- Committee Chairs NEEDED : Jaguar Jog
- Kleenex Needed!
- Chess Scholars
- Family Fun Night – Culver’s
- Volunteers Needed for Book Fair!
- Yorktown “School Bucks Program”
1. Variety Show
2018 Variety Show – Sign Up is now open!
What is the Variety Show? A star-studded event held at Tivoli Theater on Saturday, Feb 3 at 10am. Acts big and small come together for an impressive display of the many talents of our Whittier students.
Who can participate? Any Whittier student! Students can join as a group (larger groups are particularly common for younger ages) or perform a solo talent. 6th graders have the option to volunteer for emcee or stage crew roles too.
What is the time commitment? Check out the schedule of formal rehearsals (dress, tech, stage time, etc) run by the Variety Show parent volunteers on the link below. Otherwise all talent selection, transportation, practice, team names, costumes are the responsibility of the student.
How do I register my child and/or their group?
* Sign your student up here (all participants must submit the waiver)
* Sign your group up here (only one submission per group is needed)
* Stage crew or emcee submissions here (Open to 6th graders only – must pick to do this OR an act, not both. Please note that emcee sign ups are not going to be on a first come first served basis. If we get more signups that we have space for, we will draw names out of a hat. Students would then have an opportunity to sign up for an act. )
If you have space issues for a large group to practice, please reach out to us at email@example.com
All music (and acts themselves) must be cut to be lyric appropriate and :90 or less
*******DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 1st FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS*******
QUESTIONS? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to see your kids shine!
The Variety Show Committee
Sarah Bogaczyk, Rita Brezina, Briar & Matt Croft, Val Hardy & Ann Russell
2. Committee Chairs NEEDED : Jaguar Jog
We are still searching for our TWO NEW co-chairs for the 2018 & 2019 Jaguar Jog! If you are thinking you may be interested but are hesitant for any reason please contact Cindy Maquet (email@example.com) for more info on what the job entails. There are many volunteers for support! Duties mainly include forming the committee of volunteers to coordinate the Jog and making it a fun and successful event.
If interested in the position, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your consideration in volunteering for this very important PTA fundraiser!
3. Kleenex Needed!
4. Chess Scholars
The winter session of after-school chess starts Monday, December 18th! Classes are held immediately after school at Whittier. For all the information to sign up CLICK HERE for the flier. Please register by Friday, December 8th for the early bird price of $121!
5. Family Fun Night – Culver’s
Thanksgiving is just around the corner! Give yourself a break on Monday, November 20th (between 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.) and let Culver’s of Downers Grove do the cooking. A night without having to make dinner is certainly something to be thankful for, and getting to dine and socialize with many of your Whittier friends and neighbors is even better.
See the flier for more information. Hard copies of the flier will go home with students the week of 11/13. However, as long as customers mention Whittier, 10% of their purchase amount will go back to the Whittier PTA. So please encourage your local family, friends, and neighbors who may not have children attending Whittier to also stop by Culver’s that evening. Offer valid for dine-in and drive-thru orders.
6. Volunteers Needed for Book Fair!
Our fall book fair is just around the corner, November 14-16! Anderson’s Book Fair Company (ABC) offers the finest selection of children’s literature of any bookfair company out there. All titles are hand selected by ABC and Ms. Coleman to offer the best selection possible.
We need your help! Please CLICK HERE to sign up for an hour to assist in selling books.
7. Yorktown “School Bucks Program”
Please support our schools together by participating in the Yorktown School Bucks Program!!
Double Points Days: Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday
HOW IT WORKS:
After shopping and dining at Yorktown, your school’s family and friends can show their Yorktown Center receipts at the Guest Services desk (located on the Lower Level, below The Eatery and near Von Maur) to accumulate points. Shoppers must specify which participating school to allocate the points to.
Show your movie ticket receipts from AMC 18 Yorktown for an easy (and fun!) 75 points per ticket!
Thank you for shopping and giving back to our PTA!
Receipts must be redeemed within 60 days of purchase date. Receipts will be collected from August 1, 2017 until May 1, 2018.
For Whittier to receive a monetary reward, we need to provide $2,000 in receipts by May 1, 2018.