“As America celebrates Memorial Day, we pay tribute to those who have given their lives in our nation’s wars.” -John M. McHugh
- Wed 5/24 – Student Council Spirit Week – Wear GREEN
- Thu 5/25 – Student Council Spirit Week – Wear BLUE/PURPLE
- Fri 5/26 – Student Council Spirit Week – Wear all the colors of the RAINBOW
- Mon 5/29 – NO SCHOOL – Memorial Day
- Ben’s Memorial Mile – It’s OK to Not Be OK
- School Supplies Ordering for 2017/2018
- Retirement Party For Mrs. Plepel
- Committee Chairs Needed!
- Walking Club Volunteer Request
1. Ben’s Memorial Mile – It’s OK to Not Be OK
It’s a family event with a race for everyone!
- Ben’s Open Mile
- Ben’s Elite Mile (<5:30 for males, <6:30 for females)
- Ben’s Walking Mile
- Costume Mile
- Kids’ Half Mile
- Little Kids’ 100-yard dash
2. School Supplies Ordering for 2017/2018
3. Retirement Party for Mrs. Plepel
Save the Date! Mrs. Plepel is retiring this year and the PTA is having a party for her on Tuesday, June 6th from 3:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.in the school gym. Cake and refreshments will be served. Ms. Coleman is going to help the kids write a note and/or draw a picture to put in a book that we will present to her that day. If you have anything else you or your child would like to contribute (note/photos) there will be a gift box set up in the gym that day. If you have any questions, please email Carla or Karrie. Thank you and hope to see you there!
4. Committee Chairs Needed!
We still need volunteers to chair or co-chair committees for the 2017-2018 school year! Please read the attached document with descriptions and time commitments for the current open committees. Email Carla Giannelli for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Open Committees (Current)
5. Walking Club Volunteer Request
Thank you to all those who have volunteered for Walking Club so far!!
Please consider volunteering during recess on Wednesdays during Walking Club season. One vacancy needs to be filled for tomorrow, and one vacancy remains for the last day, May 31. Volunteers arrive at 11:30, sign in at the front office, and pick up a guest sticker to wear. Instructions, grade assignments, door location, and “Cat Cash” to distribute to walkers are given out in the front hallway. You will be done at 12:20. Please use this link to sign up – we can’t do this without your help!