*Kindergarten Round-Up April 8 from 9:00-10:00 am*
Thank you to everyone who donated to the class baskets for the spring fundraiser. There is still time. If you would like to contribute please send your donation in your child’s backpack by TOMORROW, Wednesday, March 9th. Please mark the envelope “Spring Fundraiser – class baskets“. Thank you
If anyone is looking for a meal out on Friday…Herrick PTA has organized a fundraiser at Standard Market Taco Bar. It’s from 11am-9pm. Mention Herrick middle school when you order and 10% goes back to their PTA. No flier necessary.
The PTA Meeting scheduled for Tuesday, April 19th has been rescheduled to Tuesday, April 12th at 7:00 p.m. in the LRC. Babysitting will be provided, as usual.
- PTA Openings
- Spring Fundraiser LP4P 2
- Spring Fundraising Experiences
- Fun Lunch Volunteers Needed
- Kindergarten Round-Up
- Family Fun
- Student Council Updates
- Chess Club
1. PTA Openings – We Need YOU!
Thank you to those that have filled the open positions. Opportunities still exist to serve in our PTA! Don’t be shy and apply!
The link below provides a summary of the different committees. In addition to needing several committee chairs, we need volunteers to help with different activites.
As a shadow you will work closely with Melissa Rausch in all aspects of the Variety Show production.
You will help set show and performance schedule, secure Whittier rehearsal rooms, distribute and collect act registrants, organize order of show, write script, supervise Friday rehearsals at Whittier, develop stage directions (light and sound cues), coordinate & supervise tech, dress and Tivoli rehearsals, call sound and light cues (using stage directions) during Tivoli performance.
There are many aspects of this job that Melissa does now that can be delegated to multiple volunteers (and there are many helpers!) This role works great for an individual OR a pair!
Questions? Contact Melissa firstname.lastname@example.org
2 . Spring Fundraiser LP4P 2 April 8th
If you have any questions please contact:
Michelle Aleksiunas Davis0708@aol.com O
3. Spring Experience planning is underway! We welcome your input and ideas for new experiences for our Spring Fundraiser.
We are looking for volunteers to help co-host spring experiences. We are specifically looking for help with the following:
- Cinco de Mayo adults only party (we have 2 hosts and looking for 2-3 more to share the expenses); and
- Student Legacy Art (these are the hand painted tiles you will find throughout the school).
If you are interested in hosting, making a monetary donation or lending your time to one of these events please contact Melissa Rausch or Carla Giannelli. If you are new to experiences and/or would like more information about hosting or the guidelines we follow, please let one of us know.
Melissa Rausch MelissaRausch@sbcglobal.net
4. Fun Lunch Volunteers Needed
5. Kindergarten Round-Up April 8th from 9:00-10:00 am
6. Family Fun
Mark your calendar now for the following April Family Fun Events
- Saturday, April 9th @ 10:00 a.m. – Attend a FREE Family Movie at the Tivoli Theater
- Tuesday, April 12th between 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. – Visit with your favorite Whittier teachers and other staff at the annual Whittier McTeacher Night located at McDonald’s (Ogden east of Fairview)
Stay tuned for additional details about these and other upcoming Family Fun events as the dates near.
7. Student Council Updates
- March 14 is the Reading Games Day – wear your Reading Games gear
- March 18 is Funny TShirt Day
- March 24 is Beach Day
8. Chess Club
The newest session of Chess Club is about to begin on March 21st!
If you have not done so already, please electronically register for the spring session of Chess Scholars. All information and directions for registration are in the attached flyer. It is now possible to sign up and pay directly through the link! It is much more convenient than sending in your check and form.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to email Mindy Werner at email@example.com.
Spring 2016 Chess Scholars Flyer Whittier school
Mark Your Calendars
- Tuesday, March 8, 2016: Student Council Day: Harry Potter Day
- Saturday, March 12, 2016: Reading Games
- Monday, March 14, 2016: Student Council Day: The Reading Games TShirt Day, Wear Your Reading Games Gear
- Tuesday, March 15, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, March 18, 2016: Student Council Day: Funny TShirt Day
- Thursday, March 24, 2016: Student Council Day: Beach Day
- Friday, March 25, 2016 – Sunday, April 3, 2016: Spring Break, No School
- Friday, April 8, 2016: Fun Lunch Mojos
- Friday, April 8, 2016: Kindergarten Roundup
- Friday, April 8, 2016: Spring Fundraiser LP4P 2
- Saturday, April 9, 2016: Family Fun Event, Free Movie at 10:00 at the Tivoli
- Tuesday, April 12, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Tuesday, April 12, 2016: McTeacher Night
- Friday, April 22, 2016: Fun Lunch Great American Bagel
- Friday, May 6, 2016: Fun Lunch Buona Beef
- Tuesday, May 17, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Monday, May 30, 2016: Memorial Day, No School
- *Friday, June 3, 2016: Last Day of School
- *June 6 – June 10 possible emergency day