“We’re all working together; that’s the secret.”
– Sam Walton
LP4P Spring Fundraiser Thank You:
We think all who attended the LP4P event last Friday night would agree that it was a blast! Carrie Grebel, Michelle Aleksiunas, and their committee did a phenomenal job planning and running this fundraiser. Thank you!!! And a huge thank you also to the generous families who have offered to host an upcoming experience and to all who attended the LP4P event. Everyone played a critical role in making this spring fundraiser such a success.
Tonight’s PTA Meeting:
The March PTA meeting will be held tonight at 7:00 p.m. in Whittier’s gym (a.k.a. the Jaguar Jungle). A few agenda items for the meeting are:
- An update from the playground committee
- A landscaping proposal from the Green Team
- An update from the general PTA fundraising chat held a couple weeks ago
- Proposed revisions to the Whittier PTA bylaws (see below for a copy of the revised bylaws)
- Presentation of the candidates slated for the co-vice president positions for next year
As always, FREE babysitting will be available in the art/activities room during the PTA meeting.
Author Fest Information:
Author Fest is just around the corner! Authors will be visiting Whittier during the week of April 13th. They will also be at the Downers Grove Public Library on the evening of Friday, April 17th for a book purchase and book signing event. This event is open to the public. See attached flyer for more information.
Upcoming PTA Meeting Dates:
- April 21 @ 7:00 p.m. at Whittier (Jaguar Jungle) – PTA Volunteer Fair / Monthly PTA General Membership Meeting
- May 19 @ 7:00 p.m. at Whittier (Jaguar Jungle) – Final Monthly PTA General Membership Meeting of the Year
We are so fortunate to have a wonderful Whittier Community. Thank you for all of your support!
Rita Brezina & Valerie Hardy (PTA Co-Presidents)
Tiffany Kuelthau & Debbie Levinthal (PTA Co-Vice Presidents)
Amy Ihde (PTA Secretary)
Corinne Potter (PTA Treasurer)
Experiences Still Available! Don’t miss out, see link below!
Experience Sign Up WW Blurb for 032415
Social Emotional Learning: Girls and Puberty
The Authors Are Coming….
Mark Your Calendars
- Monday, March 30 – Monday, April 6: No School, Spring Break
- Tuesday, April 7: Classes Resume
- Friday, April 10: Kindergarten Round-Up
- Friday, April 10: Skuddlebutts Fun Lunch
- Wednesday, April 15: SEL Presentation: Girls and Puberty
- Thursday, April 16: Market Day Pick-Up (1:45 – 2:45)
- Friday, April 17: Author Fest Book Signing at DG Library
- Friday, April 24: McDonald’s Fun Lunch
- Friday, May 8: Great American Bagel Fun Lunch
- Monday, May 25: No School, Memorial Day
- Wednesday, June 3: Last Day of School if no emergency days are used
- *Wednesday, June 10: Last Day of School
- *June 4-June 10 are emergency days and may be declared holidays if not needed