- THIS WEEK – Student Council Fundraiser for Ronald McDonald House
- Thursday 3/15 WEAR GREEN to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day
- Friday 3/16 Whittier Spirit Day – Wear your Whittier Wear or blue/gold!
- Tuesday 3/20 General PTA Meeting in the LRC – 7pm
- General PTA Meeting March 20th
- Reading Games 2018
- Student Council Fundraiser – Ronald McDonald House
- Young Rembrandts
- Kindergarten Round Up
- Yorktown “School Bucks Program”
1. General PTA Meeting March 20th
You’re invited to attend the general PTA Meeting on Tuesday, March 20th! On the agenda:
- NEW plan for the fall fundraiser run
- Committee chair openings
- 2018-19 Executive Board nominations (if interested in being nominated please attend!)
2. Reading Games 2018
|Whittier #AWESOMENESS||Level 1|
|Whittier Book Brains||Level 1|
|Whittier Lightening Readers||Level 1|
|Whittier Than You||Level 1|
|Whittier The Squishy Reading Machines||Level 1|
|Whittier Team B.O.B. Returns Again||Level 2|
|Whittier The Brady Bunch||Level 2|
|Whittier The Frappuccinos||Level 2|
|Whittier, Herrick The Umpossibles||Level 2|
3. Student Council Fundraiser – Ronald McDonald House
- garbage bags (both 13 and 40 gallon)
- paper towels
- dryer sheets
- fabric softener
- stain remover spray
- AA batteries
- gift cards to craft stores
- canned meals
- individually wrapped snack foods
- individually packaged coffee creamer
4. Young Rembrandts
5. Kindergarten Round Up
Kindergarten Roundup for the 2018-19 school year will be held on Friday, April 13, 2018 at 9:00am in the Whittier School gym.
If you have an incoming kindergartener, please call the school office to provide pre-registration information. If you know of any children entering Kindergarten, please direct parents to call the Whittier School office at 630-719-5865.
6. Yorktown “School Bucks Program”
Please support our schools together by participating in the Yorktown School Bucks Program!!
March 1–31: Shop Freshii and GNC for Double Points.
March 23–25:Double points at Gymboree, The Children’s Place and KidCo.
HOW IT WORKS:
Yorktown has changed the location to turn in these receipts. They can now be turned in to the Management Office, located on the Upper Level near Forever 21, Monday through Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm. Due to the location change and limited hours to turn in receipts, you can now turn in your receipts to the PTA box in the Whittier Office. Once a month, a PTA representative will bring in all our receipts for validation and credit. If you would like your receipt returned to you, please indicate your child’s name and homeroom on the back. Your receipt will then be returned to your child to take home. Any blank receipts will be disposed of after validation. So, keep shopping, eating and going to the movies at Yorktown – then bring your receipts to the Whittier Office. Thanks for your continued support!
Show your movie ticket receipts from AMC 18 Yorktown for an easy (and fun!) 75 points per ticket!
Thank you for shopping and giving back to our PTA!
Receipts must be redeemed within 60 days of purchase date. Receipts will be collected from August 1, 2017 until May 1, 2018.
For Whittier to receive a monetary reward, we need to provide $2,000 in receipts by May 1, 2018.