- Fun Lunch – new process makes the ordering process easier
- Language Stars Program Information
- Reflections – “Let Your Imagination Fly”
- Fundraising for the Playground – Candy Bar Sales
1. Fun Lunch Purchase School Lunches Online: Ordering lunches has never been easier!
Whittier Elementary School has partnered with orderlunches.com to provide a secure, fast, and easy-to-use online ordering system that allows parents to view our Fun lunch menu, order, prepay and manage student Fun lunches on the web.
Registration and Ordering starts on: 8/1
Important Note Before You Begin:
IF you are eligible for free meals, Please contact Leslie at email@example.com or 630-719-5865
Go To: www.orderlunches.com – (please bookmark this page)
- Click on Register: Password is: WES338, add account, profile(s) information
- Sign In & the Welcome page displays with Program Info (Order Schedule, Rules etc.)
- Click Order at Top of Nav Bar & go to proper month
- Click the Order link on the date to begin – First Lunch Date is: 9/18
- Check out & pay – Please be sure to complete the check-out process. Do not close your browser prior to receiving the confirmation display or your order may be interrupted and not fully processed. Items left in your shopping cart will not be processed and your order will not be placed.
FOOD or POLICY (Missed/Late Orders, Credits, and Changes/Cancellations): email Cheri at firstname.lastname@example.org or Geeta at email@example.com and they’ll get back to you right away.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (help navigating the site): email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAYMENT INFORMATION The program accepts payment by Debit Card or Credit Card: Visa, MasterCard & Discover.
Be sure to proceed to checkout and process your payment. Orders that are left in the shopping cart will NOT be processed and your student(s) will not be included in the lunch service.
Fun Lunch FAQ and Ordering Process
Thank you for participating in our school lunch program!
2. Language Schools Before School Program Information
Language Stars and Whittier have partnered to offer Spanish classes, as well as French classes, before school from 7:40-8:20 one day a week. A minimum of 10 students are needed for enrollment.
If you have any questions, please contact Denise Llewellyn at 773.339.1820 or email@example.com
This is a pay-to-participate activity. Please see below for more information.
The PTA Reflections theme for 2015-16 has been announced: “Let Your Imagination Fly…” Students may begin brainstorming and creating their projects over the summer to get a head start on Reflections for next year! PTA Reflections welcomes all grades and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts. Students are asked to reflect the theme and create original works of art in the categories of:
- dance choreography
- film production
- music composition
- visual arts.
Entries may be turned in anytime from Sept through early Nov. More specific dates will be announced next school year. Students can go to the National PTA website for specific rules.
4. Fundraising for the Playground
The Playground Fundraising Committee is selling the World’s Finest Chocolate Candy Bars to help fund the elementary playground. If interested in selling Candy Bars, please contact Melissa Rausch at 630.362.9920 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for all you do,
Tiffany Kuelthau & Debbie Levinthal (PTA C0-Presidents)
Carla Giannelli & Karrie Donat (PTA C0-Vice Presidents)
Amy Ihde (PTA Secretary)
Corinne Potter (PTA Treasurer)
- Monday, July 20, 2015: Summer Math at Downers Grove Library 9:30-11:30 and 5:30-7:30
- Tuesday, July 21, 2015: Summer Math at Downers Grove Library 9:30-11:30 and 5:30-7:30
- Wednesday, July 22: Whittier LRC Reading Day 9:00 – 11:00
- Saturday, August 1, 2015: Fun Lunch Online Registration Opens
- Monday, August 3, 2015: Whittier Office Reopens for the 2015/2016 school year
- Monday, August 3, 2015: Summer Math at Downers Grove Library 9:30-11:30 and 5:30-7:30
- Tuesday, August 4, 2015: Summer Math at Downers Grove Library 9:30-11:30 and 5:30-7:30
- Monday, August 17, 2015: Summer Math at Downers Grove Library 9:30-11:30 and 5:30-7:30
- Tuesday, August 25, 2015: Back to School Social 2:30
- Wednesday, August 26, 2015: First Day of School – Full Day
- Monday, September 7, 2015: Labor Day, No School
- Tuesday, September 15, 2015: General PTA Meeting
- Sunday, September 20, 2015: Jaguar Jog
- Monday, October 12, 2015: Columbus Day, No School
- Tuesday, October 13, 2015: Teachers Institute No School
- Tuesday, October 20, 2015: General PTA Meeting
- Tuesday, November 24, 2015 – Friday, November 27, 2015: Thanksgiving Holiday, No School
- Tuesday, December 8, 2015: General PTA Meeting
- Monday, December 21, 2015 – Sunday, January 3, 2016: Winter Break, No School
- Monday, January 18, 2016: Martin Luther King Day, No School
- Tuesday, January 19, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, February 12, 2016: No School
- Tuesday, February 16, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, March 4, 2016: Teacher Inservice, No School
- Tuesday, March 15, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, March 25, 2016 – Sunday, April 3, 2016: Spring Break, No School
- Tuesday, April 19, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Tuesday, May 17, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Monday, May 30, 2016: Memorial Day, No School
- *Friday, June 3, 2016: Last Day of School
- *June 6 – June 10 possible emergency days