“I think in terms of the day’s resolutions, not the year’s.” – Henry Moore
Happy New Year! Whether your resolutions are made by the year, month, or day, we hope you are on your way to fulfilling them.
Have room for one more resolution? How about resolving to try something new within Whittier’s PTA for the 2015-2016 school year? The first half-hour of the March PTA meeting will be dedicated to an informal “volunteer fair” in which parents can mingle while checking out all of the different volunteer opportunities available.
Can’t wait until March to start getting more involved? The PTA is currently looking for co-chairs for the 2015 Jaguar Jog and also for candidates to serve as PTA co-vice presidents during the 2015-2016 school year and co-presidents during the 2016-2017 school year. Interested? Want to learn more about what either of these positions would entail? Contact Rita (email@example.com) or Valerie (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The next PTA meeting will be held Tuesday, January 20th at 7:00 p.m. in the Jaguar Jungle. As always, free babysitting will be provided. Mark your calendar now and plan to attend this month’s PTA meeting to learn more about and share your ideas regarding all of the latest PTA happenings.
We are so fortunate to have a wonderful Whittier Community. Thank you!
Rita Brezina & Valerie Hardy (PTA Co-Presidents)
Tiffany Kuelthau & Debbie Levinthal (PTA Co-Vice Presidents)
Amy Ihde (PTA Secretary)
Corinne Potter (PTA Treasurer)
PTA Fundraiser: Ice Skating Party
Embrace your inner Blackhawk, Glide on the ice like Queen Elsa, Come to terms with the fact we live in the Tundra and…
Join us for an Ice Skating Party!
Saturday, January 10th, 2015, 3:15 – 4:45
Downers Grove Icearena: 5501 Walnut Ave, Downers Grove, IL 60515
$15 / Child Skater, Adults Skate Free, Bring your own skates or rentals are available for $2.00 pp.
This is a family event to raise money for the PTA! Hosted by the following Whittier Families: DiCosolas, Dobrezs, Ihdes, Justices, Mielkes and Nicholsons
One Book, One School Save the Date
Please join us on Wednesday, January 28 at 6:00pm – 7:30pm for a Skype Visit with Author Marianne Malone and museum walk. Special Family Challenge: can you build a miniature room to display in the LRC for our Museum Walk? You can choose to build a replica of one of the Thorne Rooms or build a new room our of your own imagination.
Here is the reading schedule:
By Monday, January 12th chapters 9-12
By Monday, January 19th, chapters 13-16
By Monday, January 26th, chapters 17-19 & author’s note
Please contact Kelly Coleman at email@example.com with questions.
Fun Lunch Winter / Spring Form
Mark Your Calendars
- Thursday, January 8: Market Day Orders Due
- Monday, January 19: No School, Martin Luther King Day
- Friday, January 30: Great American Bagel Fun Lunch
- Wednesday, February 4: Half-Day
- Wednesday, February 11: Conferences, Regular School Attendance Day
- Thursday, February 12: Conferences, Regular School Attendance Day
- Friday, February 13: Potbelly Fun Lunch
- Monday, February 16: No School, Presidents’ Day
- Friday, February 27: No School, Teacher Institute Day
- Friday, March 6: Brown’s Chicken Fun Lunch
- Friday, March 20: Buona Beef Fun Lunch
- Monday, March 30 – Monday, April 6: No School, Spring Break
- Tuesday, April 7: Classes Resume
- Friday, April 10: Skuddlebutts Fun Lunch
- Friday, April 24: McDonald’s Fun Lunch
- Friday, May 8: Great American Bagel Fun Lunch
- Monday, May 25: No School, Memorial Day
- Wednesday, June 3: Last Day of School if no emergency days are used
- *Wednesday, June 10: Last Day of School
- *June 4-June 10 are emergency days and may be declared holidays if not needed