“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.”
- TONIGHT! Tuesday 1/17 – General PTA Meeting @ Whittier LRC – 7pm (Babysitting provided)
- Wednesday 1/18 – DGCC Winter Concert @ DG North – 7pm
- Thursday 1/19 – Student Council Spirit Day – Crazy Sock Day- Sport your wackiest pair of socks!
- Friday 1/20 – Whittier Spirit Day – Wear your spirit wear or blue/gold!
- Saturday 1/21 – District 58 Science Fair @ O’Neill Middle School – Click here for schedule by grade
- Spring Fundraiser Volunteers Needed!
- Reading Games Spirit Wear
- 26th Annual Outstanding Teacher Award
1. Spring Fundraiser Volunteers Needed!
Save the date for this year’s Spring Fundraiser on Friday, April 7th!
Michelle Aleksiunas and Carrie Grebel will be at tonight’s PTA meeting looking for volunteers.
Please contact either if you are interested in volunteering! Thank you!
2. Reading Games Spirit Wear
Reading Games Spirit Wear is available for purchase. Orders are due by Friday, February 10, 2017.
Please note, t-shirts can be purchased individually and do not need to be purchased as one order per team. However, a team should coordinate T-Shirt colors including the team parent and team chaperone.
Helping as a volunteer, but not as a team parent or team chaperone? Please consider purchasing the maroon T-Shirt which includes “Volunteer” in the logo.
3. 26th Annual Outstanding Teacher Award
Do you know an outstanding teacher?
The Downers Grove Junior Woman’s Club (DGJWC) is sponsoring the 26th Annual Outstanding Teacher Award to recognize a teacher in a Downers Grove area school who is truly special and remarkable in the field of education. In order to participate, a student must write an essay (approximately 60 words for grades K-3, 100 words for grades 4-8, and 200 words for high school) describing the teacher and what makes him/her special or outstanding. The essay does not have to be about the student’s current teacher. Parents may help those who are too young to write, but the entry must be in the child’s own words.
The students with the winning entries will have the opportunity to help honor the teachers they nominated with an in classroom presentation, with a special award for their outstanding teacher!
All entries must be postmarked or emailed by Wednesday, February 1, in order to be considered.
CLICK HERE for more information and the printable award entry form!