“Upon the subject of education, not presuming to dictate any plan or system respecting it, I can only say that I view it as the most important subject which we as a people can be engaged in.”
- THIS WEEK thru 2/10 – Jump Rope For Heart Event and Fundraising Drive
- THIS WEEK thru 2/16 – Box Top Competition – Bring box tops to homeroom classes, the top 3 homeroom classes will win a $25 Amazon gift card!
- Wed 2/8 & Thu 2/9 – Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Friday 2/10 – Whittier Spirit Day & 100th Day of School! – Wear your spirit wear or blue/gold
- Friday 2/10 – Fun Lunch!
- Whittier PTA Needs Volunteers!
- Science Night
- Candidate Forum for District 58 School Board
- Helping Girls Navigate Adolescence Dad’s Event
- Helping Girls Navigate Adolescence K-3 Friendship Program
- Young Rembrandts Volunteer Request
- Spring Fundraiser Meeting
- Ozzie Reading Club
- Chess Scholars Spring Session
- Reading Games Spirit Wear
1. Whittier PTA Needs Volunteers!
The PTA is looking for 2 Vice Presidents for next year. One VP is an option but having Co-Vice Presidents has worked very well in the past. We need you – we need volunteers to keep the PTA running smoothly. We have an awesome school and staff at Whittier! The VP role is a great way to learn the ropes and be a part of the District 58 community. You would be working directly with Adam Hill and John Giannelli. It isn’t as scary as you think it is – please let any of us know if you are interested and want to chat about the details. Karrie Donat (email@example.com), Adam Hill (firstname.lastname@example.org), John Giannelli (email@example.com) , and Carla Giannelli (firstname.lastname@example.org) are all available to answer questions and provide more information. Thank you!
2. Science Night
We are still looking for some volunteers for the evening, so if you are a scientist, science enthusiast or just plain love to volunteer please contact Wendy Carter or Michelle Rafacz at email@example.com or mdem
3. Candidate Forum for District 58 School Board
4. Helping Girls Navigate Adolescence Dad’s Event
Date/Time: Monday, 2/13/17. From 7-9pmTopic: Men
’s Work – Finding a BalanceSpeaker: Todd Adams (bio links in Eventbrite)Cost: $ 10Location: Alter Brewing Company, 2300 Wisconsin Ave., #213, Downers Grove, IL 60515 (Pizza will be provided)
5. Helping Girls Navigate Adolescence K-3 Friendship Program
Mark your calendar for Saturday, March 4 from 10-12pm @ Indian Trails Elementary School for a new HGNA Friendship Program designed for girls in grades K-3.
Learning how to be a good friend is a journey. Starting early can help create the road map needed for your daughter to navigate healthy friendships throughout her life!
Click here for the flyer for more information.
Click here to register now!
6. Young Rembrandts Volunteer Request
7. Spring Fundraiser Meeting
The fundraiser is in need of volunteers, please Carrie or Michelle if you are interested. Thank you!
8. Ozzie Reading Club
9. Chess Scholars Spring Session
10. Reading Games Update
Participant t-shirts are available in 4 colors (Dk Heather, Irish Green, Purple and Sapphire) with this year’s Reading Games logo in both short ($11) and long-sleeved ($14) styles.
Please follow the link below to access the Webstore.