“One of the very best reasons for having children is to be reminded of the incomparable joys of a snow day.’” – Susan Orleans
We hope you and your family were able to enjoy this week’s snow day. Between the day off Monday and a half-day on Wednesday, this should be a short week to kick off the short but packed month of February. Just peek at the calendar for this month and get a glimpse into the many events made possible by the PTA.
Mark your calendar now for the remaining PTA meetings of the year as outlined below. Please note the date change for the March meeting.
- February 17th – PTA Meeting
- March 24th – PTA Meeting
- April 21st – Volunteer Opportunity Open House followed by PTA Meeting
- May 19th – PTA Meeting
We are so fortunate to have a wonderful Whittier Community. Thank you for all of your support!
Rita Brezina & Valerie Hardy (PTA Co-Presidents)
Tiffany Kuelthau & Debbie Levinthal (PTA Co-Vice Presidents)
Amy Ihde (PTA Secretary)
Corinne Potter (PTA Treasurer)
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Baked Apple Family Fun Breakfast. We raised $300 dollars! The owner, Angelo gave us an extra $100 dollars(which went to the Family Fun budget) and a gift certificate to The Baked Apple for our upcoming Spring fundraiser. Awesome!!
The Family Fun committee is hosting a free event at Sky High Sports Trampoline Park in Naperville on Thursday, February 19th from 6:00-8:00pm. Go to the link below to register your family now.
Our next Spring Fundraiser Planning meeting will be Monday, February 16th 7-9pm.
We will meet at the DG library in Room 4
Kindergarten Registration is open for the 2015 /2016 school year. To register, please call Whittier’s front office at (630) 719-5865. Even if you are an existing Whittier family and completed the registration online in previous years, you still need to let the office know you have a soon-to-be kindergartner. Please spread the word and tell your neighbors with in-coming kindergartners to call the school as well.
Kindergarten Round-Up will be April 9, 2015 at 1:30 in the Jaguar Gym.
Market Day order forms went home yesterday! Please consider ordering this month. Market Day offers a variety of wonderful foods as well as other items. You can check all of it out at marketday.com and while you’re browsing, go ahead and place that order! Orders are due byThursday, Feb. 5, 2015. You may turn in the order form to the school or purchase online.
If you have any questions, please contact Kellie Miller at (812) 204-4384 or Amy Gassen at (630) 971-0689. As always, we appreciate your support!
The Whittier Robotic & Engineering Club for Kids (W.R.E.C.K) starts again Tuesday, February 10 from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. The spring session will pick up where we left off in the fall with the last 6 Lego models from the series so it won’t be a duplicate for those who attended the fall session.
No experience necessary though, so if your child missed the previous sessions and wants to join in now, sign them up! Students will meet in the Whittier Computer Lab on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-7:30, February 10 – March 17.The class is open to 3rd and 4th grade students.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Outstanding Teacher Award
- Wednesday, February 4: Half-Day
- Thursday, February 5: Market Day Pick-Up
- Tuesday, February 10: WRECK Begins
- Wednesday, February 11: Conferences, Regular School Attendance Day
- Thursday, February 12: Conferences, Regular School Attendance Day
- Friday, February 13: Potbelly Fun Lunch
- Monday, February 16: No School, Presidents’ Day
- Thursday, February 19: Family Fun Sky High Sports Trampoline Park Event
- Monday, February 23: Science Night
- Friday, February 27: No School, Teacher Institute Day
- Friday, March 6: Brown’s Chicken Fun Lunch
- Friday, March 20: Buona Beef Fun Lunch
- Friday, March 20: Spring Fundraiser
- Monday, March 30 – Monday, April 6: No School, Spring Break
- Tuesday, April 7: Classes Resume
- Thursday, April 9: Kindergarten Round-Up
- Friday, April 10: Skuddlebutts Fun Lunch
- Friday, April 24: McDonald’s Fun Lunch
- Friday, May 8: Great American Bagel Fun Lunch
- Monday, May 25: No School, Memorial Day
- Wednesday, June 3: Last Day of School if no emergency days are used
- *Wednesday, June 10: Last Day of School
- *June 4-June 10 are emergency days and may be declared holidays if not needed