Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart. ~Elizabeth Andrew
- Today 2/21 – Fri 2/24 – Student Council St. Jude Fundraiser
Student Council representatives will be selling bracelets of various colors that say “No One Fights Alone” during lunch these days. Students can purchase a bracelet for $2.00. There will be a limited supply of each color available, so please purchase them as soon as possible.
Students can support different cancers by wearing the following colors:
Feb. 21 – wear pink for breast cancer
Feb. 22 – wear violet for Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
Feb. 23 – wear white for lung cancer or gray for brain cancer
Feb. 24 – wear blue for colon cancer
- Thu 2/23 – Student Council Movie Star Spirit Day – Dress as your favorite movie star!
- Fri 2/24 – Whittier Spirit Day – Wear your spirit wear or blue/gold
- Fri 2/24 – Fun Lunch! – Buona Beef
- Tue 2/28 – Student Council Mardi Gras Spirit Day – Wear purple, green, feathers, beads, or masks.
- Science Night
- Board of Education Candidate Forum (Herrick PTA)
- Helping Girls Navigate Adolescence K-3 Friendship Program
- Heroes Program for 4/5 Grade Boys
- Jaguar Jog 2017 Co-Chair Volunteer Request
- Young Rembrandts Volunteer Request
- Spring Fundraiser Volunteer Request
- Chess Scholars Spring Session
- Reading Games
1. Science Night
We are still looking for some volunteers for the evening, so if you are a scientist, science enthusiast or just plain love to volunteer please contact Wendy Carter or Michelle Rafacz at firstname.lastname@example.org or mdem
2. Board of Education Candidate Forum (Herrick PTA)
Candidates for the District 58 School Board will gather at Herrick Middle School for a Candidate Forum. All are welcome to attend. This event is hosted by the Herrick PTA. The Herrick PTA and District 58 do not endorse any one candidate. The Herrick PTA is offering this forum as a service for the community.
Wednesday, February 22, 2017 @ 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Herrick Middle School, 4435 Middaugh Ave
3. Helping Girls Navigate Adolescence K-3 Friendship Program
Mark your calendar for:
A New HGNA Friendship Program designed for girls in grades K-3
Where: Indian Trails Elementary School
When: Saturday, March 4 from 10-12pm
Learning how to be a good friend is a journey. Starting early can help create the road map needed for your daughter to navigate healthy friendships throughout her life!
Click here for the flyer for more information.
Click here to register now!
4. Heroes Program for 4/5 Grade Boys
Heroes is a half-day event where fourth and fifth grade boys will participate in engaging workshops that will lead them to identify and embrace their unique qualities allowing them to be their best self. Through fun team-building activities, they will learn to work together to ensure all people are valued and discover how friendships are developed and ever-changing. Within small group environments, trained facilitators will cover topics that include self-awareness, conflict resolution, stress management and respect. An exciting game of dodgeball and lunch are also included in this event!
For more information regarding this event or any questions please contact email@example.com
5. Jaguar Jog 2017 Co-Chair Volunteer Request
Hi all! Looking for someone to shadow/co-chair the 2017 Jaguar Jog. The planning has already begun and we need your help!
This co-chair position will then lead to chairing the jog the following year with a new co-chair to shadow you.
Please contact Karrie Donat (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Carla Giannelli (email@example.com) if you are interested and to find out the details of what is needed.
The Jaguar Jog is one of our biggest fundraisers of the year and it cannot be done without the help of many volunteers!
WE appreciate your help!