“You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land…”
– Henry David Thoreau
The February PTA meeting is TONIGHT at 7:00 in the Jaguar Jungle. We hope to see you there! FREE babysitting will be available in the art/activities room. Come to share your ideas, hear what’s been happening and what’s coming up soon within the PTA, and learn what’s going on in 5th grade at Whittier.
There’s no time like the present to make a commitment to get more involved! Please consider taking on a leadership role within the PTA for next school year. We’re currently looking to fill the Jaguar Jog and Fun Lunch co-chair positions as soon as possible. Many other volunteer opportunities are also available for both this year and next year.
Interested? Have questions? Contact Rita Brezina (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Valerie Hardy (email@example.com).
We are so fortunate to have a wonderful Whittier Community. Thank you for all of your support!
Rita Brezina & Valerie Hardy (PTA Co-Presidents)
Tiffany Kuelthau & Debbie Levinthal (PTA Co-Vice Presidents)
Amy Ihde (PTA Secretary)
Corinne Potter (PTA Treasurer)
The experiences you signed up for at (or after) the Jaguar Jog are coming to an end, but – rest assured – a new batch of experiences for Whittier’s students, families, and parents will be available for sign-up at the “LP4P” Spring Fundraiser being held on March 20. Expect to see some annual classics as well as some new and exciting events on the list!
Please consider being a part of making these experiences possible. Here’s how you can help!
- Share your ideas for possible experiences
- Volunteer to help plan and/or run an experience event
- Volunteer to help fund an experience
Red and Blue = Purple, Blue and Green = Turquoise. Did you know that Blue and Green make White? Want to see how? Join us on Monday, Feb 23, at 6:30pm for Family Science Night to participate in several fun hands-on experiments. All Whittier students and their parents are invited. An electronic invitation has been sent to all Whittier families. Look for a flyer coming home today in your child’s folder. We hope that all can attend, but please RSVP either way so that we can form groups in advance for the evening. If you have any questions, please contact Debbie Dobrez at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 708-870-0121.
Market Day: Important changes for ordering and paying!
Family Fun Sky High Event
Spring Fundraiser “LP4P”
Please respond by February 25th.
We are looking forward to a fun filled evening of games, music, drinks and snacks. Feel free to come and just hang out, Game participation is not required. You don’t want to miss out on the amazing raffle prizes and silent auction items.
Check out http://whittierschoolpta.
We are still looking for volunteers before and at the event.
Student Council Update
Kindergarten Registration is open for the 2015 /2016 school year. To register, please call Whittier’s front office at (630) 719-5865. Even if you are an existing Whittier family and completed the registration online in previous years, you still need to let the office know you have a soon-to-be kindergartner. Please spread the word and tell your neighbors with in-coming kindergartners to call the school as well.
**Kindergarten Round-Up will be Friday, April 10, 2015 at 9:00-10:00 in the Jaguar Gym.
Outstanding Teacher Award
- Thursday, February 19: Family Fun Sky High Sports Trampoline Park Event
- Friday, February 20: Student Council, Blackhawks Day
- Monday, February 23: Science Night
- Friday, February 27: No School, Teacher Institute Day
- Friday, March 6: Brown’s Chicken Fun Lunch
- Friday, March 20: Buona Beef Fun Lunch
- Friday, March 20: Spring Fundraiser
- Monday, March 30 – Monday, April 6: No School, Spring Break
- Tuesday, April 7: Classes Resume
- Friday, April 10: Kindergarten Round-Up
- Friday, April 10: Skuddlebutts Fun Lunch
- Friday, April 24: McDonald’s Fun Lunch
- Friday, May 8: Great American Bagel Fun Lunch
- Monday, May 25: No School, Memorial Day
- Wednesday, June 3: Last Day of School if no emergency days are used
- *Wednesday, June 10: Last Day of School
- *June 4-June 10 are emergency days and may be declared holidays if not needed