*Kindergarten Round-Up April 8 from 9:00-10:00 am*
Join Us Tonight (2/16/2016) for out PTA meeting at 7:00
Please plan to join us at tonight at 7pm in the LRC. Babysitting will be available. We will be discussing and finalizing plans for the final year of fundraising for the Playground Initiative. This project will go to bid in February of 2017. We would love your input, involvement and support. We plan to move this up in the agenda for those that need to sneak out early.
- PTA Openings
- LRC News – Young Authors
- District PTA Building Bridges Meeting Information
- Spring Fundraiser LP4P 2
- Spring Fundraising Experiences
- Fun Lunch Volunteers Needed
- Science Night
- Kindergarten Round-Up
1. PTA Openings – We Need YOU!
Thank you to those that have filled the open positions. Opportunities still exist to serve in our PTA! Don’t be shy and apply!
The link below provides a summary of the different committees. In addition to needing several committee chairs, we need volunteers to help with different activites.
As a shadow you will work closely with Melissa Rausch in all aspects of the Variety Show production.
You will help set show and performance schedule, secure Whittier rehearsal rooms, distribute and collect act registrants, organize order of show, write script, supervise Friday rehearsals at Whittier, develop stage directions (light and sound cues), coordinate & supervise tech, dress and Tivoli rehearsals, call sound and light cues (using stage directions) during Tivoli performance.
There are many aspects of this job that Melissa does now that can be delegated to multiple volunteers (and there are many helpers!) This role works great for an individual OR a pair!
Questions? Contact Melissa firstname.lastname@example.org
2. LRC News – Young Authors
All students are invited to submit entries for the Young Authors competition. Entries are due to the LRC by Friday, February 26, 2016
3. District PTA Upcoming Meetings – SIT Conference February 20th
The annual SIT conference will take place in Bensenville on February 20th. This is a technology driven conference for children in grades 3-12. For more information visit
4 . Spring Fundraiser LP4P 2
5. Spring Experience planning is underway! We welcome your input and ideas for new experiences for our Spring Fundraiser.
- Father/Son event (we have one host)
- A co-ed/family dodgeball tournament
- Student Legacy Art
If you are interested in hosting, making a monetary donation or lending your time to one of these events please contact Melissa Rausch or Carla Giannelli. If you are new to experiences and/or would like more information about hosting or the guidelines we follow, please let one of us know.
6. Fun Lunch Volunteers Needed
7. Science Night
We are still looking for some volunteers for the evening, so if you are a scientist, science enthusiast or just plain love to volunteer please contact Wendy Carter or Michelle Rafacz at email@example.com ormdemumb
8. Kindergarten Round-Up April 8th from 9:00-10:00 am
9. Herrick / O”Neill Crosstown Classic Girls Basketball Charity Event
Saturday, February 27
Mark Your Calendars
- Tuesday, February 16, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, February 19, 2016: Fun Lunch Buona Beef
- Wednesday, February 24: Science Night
- Friday, February 26, 2016: Young Author Entries Due to LRC
- Monday, February 29, 2016: Chipotle Family Fun Event
- Thursday, March 3, 2016: Fun Lunch Potbellys
- Friday, March 4, 2016: Teacher Inservice, No School
- Saturday, March 12, 2016: Reading Games
- Tuesday, March 15, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, March 25, 2016 – Sunday, April 3, 2016: Spring Break, No School
- Friday, April 8, 2016: Fun Lunch Mojos
- Friday, April 8, 2016: Kindergarten Roundup
- Friday, April 8, 2016: Spring Fundraiser LP4P 2
- Tuesday, April 12, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, April 22, 2016: Fun Lunch Great American Bagel
- Friday, May 6, 2016: Fun Lunch Buona Beef
- Tuesday, May 17, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Monday, May 30, 2016: Memorial Day, No School
- *Friday, June 3, 2016: Last Day of School
- *June 6 – June 10 possible emergency day