- THIS WEEK Student Council Fundraiser for World Wildlife Fund – Bring in a stuffed animal to school for $1/day or $5/whole week
- TOMORROW 2/14 LAST DAY for Variety Show Video Orders (extended)CLICK HERE for form
- Thursday 2/15 One Book One School Event (Wish Tree) 6-7:30pm
- Friday 2/16
- Whittier Spirit Day – Wear your Whittier Wear or blue/gold!
- Fun Lunch! Buona Beef
- Monday 2/19 NO SCHOOL – President’s Day
- Science Night
- Kindergarten Round Up
- Reading Games
- “Chick Chat” 4-6th Grade Girls
- Yorktown “School Bucks Program”
1. Science Night
Come on out for Whittier Science Night on Tuesday, Feb. 20 at 6:30 p.m. All families are welcome. Follow this link to the e-vite and r.s.v.p. for the event.
We are still looking for a few volunteers for the evening, so if you are a scientist, science enthusiast or just plain love to volunteer please contact Wendy Carter or Michelle Rafacz at firstname.lastname@example.org or mde
2. Kindergarten Round Up
Kindergarten Roundup for the 2018-19 school year will be held on Friday, April 13, 2018 at 9:00am in the Whittier School gym.
If you have an incoming kindergartener, please call the school office to provide pre-registration information. If you know of any children entering Kindergarten, please direct parents to call the Whittier School office at 630-719-5865.
3. Reading Games
Reading Games 2018 – Saturday, March 10, O’Neill Middle School
Level 1: Teams may arrive starting at 8:15am. First round begins at 8:45am, and we expect to complete the award ceremony by 11:30/11:45am.
Level 2: Teams may arrive starting at 12:30pm. First round begins at 1pm, and we expect to complete the award ceremony by 4:00/4:15pm.
Reading Games TShirts – Order Now
Now available – Reading Games Shirts! Four different colors to choose from. Volunteer shirts are available for purchase as well. Online store closes Friday, February 16th. Order today!
Thank you for your purchase – a portion of all sales goes to support the Reading Games
The Games depends on volunteers! Please remember
Each team needs three separate volunteers:
- An adult Team Leader. The Team Leader will be responsible for registering the team and is also the sole “point person” who will receive all communications from The Reading Games Committee for that team. The Team Leader is responsible for disseminating that information to all team members and their parents. The Team Leader should also help the team organize a way to meet and collaborate regularly, share/save book notes, and prepare for the competition.
- An additional adult Team Chaperone for the day of the tournament. The Team Leader and additional Team Chaperone must stay with the team at all times during the competition
- A Team Volunteer (who must be a high-school aged child or adult) for the day of the tournament. The Team Volunteer will be assigned a role at The Reading Games tournament such as a scorekeeper or moderator so must be someone other than the Team Leader or Team Chaperone. Please note that the Team Volunteer will not be with his/her team the day of The Reading Games competition
Thank you and May the Books be in Your Favor! Any Questions, please ask The Reading Games Committee
4. “Chick Chat” 4-6th Grade Girls
5. Yorktown “School Bucks Program”
Please support our schools together by participating in the Yorktown School Bucks Program!!
February 1-14: Shop 25 Silver Boutique, Fuzziwig’s & Hallmark for Double Points.
February 17 – 19: Double points. All stores and restaurants.
HOW IT WORKS:
Yorktown has changed the location to turn in these receipts. They can now be turned in to the Management Office, located on the Upper Level near Forever 21, Monday through Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm. Due to the location change and limited hours to turn in receipts, you can now turn in your receipts to the PTA box in the Whittier Office. Once a month, a PTA representative will bring in all our receipts for validation and credit. If you would like your receipt returned to you, please indicate your child’s name and homeroom on the back. Your receipt will then be returned to your child to take home. Any blank receipts will be disposed of after validation. So, keep shopping, eating and going to the movies at Yorktown – then bring your receipts to the Whittier Office. Thanks for your continued support!
Show your movie ticket receipts from AMC 18 Yorktown for an easy (and fun!) 75 points per ticket!
Thank you for shopping and giving back to our PTA!
Receipts must be redeemed within 60 days of purchase date. Receipts will be collected from August 1, 2017 until May 1, 2018.
For Whittier to receive a monetary reward, we need to provide $2,000 in receipts by May 1, 2018.