“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
Have an idea or feedback to share with the PTA? We’d love to hear from you. Contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that due to the hectic nature of the holiday season, there WILL NOT be a PTA meeting in December. The next PTA meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 20, 2015.
We are so fortunate to have a wonderful Whittier Community. Thank you!
Rita Brezina & Valerie Hardy (PTA Co-Presidents)
Tiffany Kuelthau & Debbie Levinthal (PTA Co-Vice Presidents)
Amy Ihde (PTA Secretary)
Corinne Potter (PTA Treasurer)
Chess Scholars New Session
The Student Council is collecting new or like new cold weather accessories for adult men and women (hats, scarves, gloves, mittens) from December 8-19th. These will be provided to PADS clients this holiday season. We appreciate any winter apparel items you can send in to help those in our community during this cold weather season.
Toys for Tots
Once again this year, Whittier will “team up” with Toys For Tots. Through a new toy at the holidays, the goal of Toys For Tots is to deliver a message of hope to less fortunate children. The program collects and distributes toys to the community in which the campaign is conducted. Please consider supporting Toys For Tots by donating a new, unwrapped toy during the Whittier School drive, Wednesday, December 3 through Friday, December 12th.
- Friday, December 12: Fun Lunch
- December 22, 2014 – January 2, 2015: Winter Break
- Monday, January 5: Classes Resume
- Monday, January 19: No School, Martin Luther King Day
- Wednesday, February 4: Half-Day
- Wednesday, February 11: Conferences, Regular School Attendance Day
- Thursday, February 12: Conferences, Regular School Attendance Day
- Monday, February 16: No School, Presidents’ Day
- Friday, February 27: No School, Teacher Institute Day
- Monday, March 30 – Monday, April 6: No School, Spring Break
- Tuesday, April 7: Classes Resume
- Monday, May 25: No School, Memorial Day
- Wednesday, June 3: Last Day of School if no emergency days are used
- *Wednesday, June 10: Last Day of School
- *June 4-June 10 are emergency days and may be declared holidays if not needed