Please Join Us for Our Next PTA meeting on Tuesday, December 8th at 7pm in the LRC
Register for 2nd Semester Fun Lunch – Orders due by 12/20/2015
- Chess Scholar’s
- Holiday Giving
- Reading Games
- Student Council
- Fun Lunch
- District PTA Building Bridges Meeting Information
- Six Flags Reading Program
1. CHESS SCHOLAR’S WINTER SESSION 2016
2. Holiday Giving – Mittens Fundraiser
Once again we will be collecting holiday gifts for Whittier families in need. Mittens with requested items will be posted in the vestibule of school on Wednesday morning.
Please return the purchased gifts to the school office by December 14. Remember to attach the original mitten to the unwrapped gift.
Questions? Please contact Amy Cable email@example.com or Peggy Tomchek firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Reading Games
Beginning in the 2016-2017 School Year the PTA will be involved in planning and facilitation of aspects of the Reading Games beyond book selection and question generation (those aspects will continue to be handled by District 58 teachers/librarians). Anyone interested in getting involved and learning more is invited to attend an informational meeting on the evening ofJanuary 6th.
In order to ensure a smooth transition of responsibilities, the current Reading Games coordinators would like to have interested individuals shadow them through the remainder of this year’s Reading Games season.
4. Student Council
The week of December 7th-11th will be our annual Candy Cane sale. We will be selling candy canes for 25 cents each or 5 for $1.00. Proceeds will go towards our selected charities for this year. Order forms for candy canes will come home later this week.
Upcoming Spirit Days in December include:
Wednesday, December 9th – Holiday Sweater/Shirt or Colors Day
Monday, December 14th – Holiday Hat day
Thursday, December 17th – PJ/comfy clothes day and a Read-In (we’ll spend time in our classrooms doing some fun, independent reading of any books we love!)
5. Fun Lunch
Fun Lunch 2nd Semester Ordering open from 11/20/15-12/20/15. Orders will need to be placed for the entire spring semester during this time. After 12/20/15, ordering will be closed.
An email will go out Wednesday for those registered on the orderlunches site and also a paper copy of the flyer will go home in backpacks Wednesday or Thursday of this week.
Jan 8: Skuttlebutts
Jan 22: GAB
Feb 5: McDonalds
Feb19: Buona Beef
March 3: Potbelly
March 18: Uncle Bubs
April 8: Mojos
April 22: GAB
Last full day of school in June: McDonald’s
6. District PTA Upcoming Meetings
Building Bridges—A group of District parents that come together to discuss special needs in District 58. Building Bridges has a FB page, Building Bridges Parent/Teacher Group, be sure to like them for ongoing information.
The annual SIT conference will take place in Bensenville on January 22nd. This is a technology driven conference for children in grades 3-12. For more information visit
7. Read for Success – Six Flags Reading Incentive
See below for information regarding Six Flag’s Read to Succeed program where students can earn a free ticket to Six Flags. The program will run from Dec 1- January, 13th.
Mark Your Calendars
- Tuesday, December 8, 2015: General PTA Meeting
- Wednesday, December 9th: Holiday Sweater/Shirt or Colors Day
- Monday, December 14th: Holiday Hat day
- Thursday, December 17th: PJ Day
- Friday, December 18, 2015: Fun Lunch Mojos
- Monday, December 21, 2015 – Sunday, January 3, 2016: Winter Break, No School
- Friday, January 8, 2016: Fun Lunch Skuttlebutts
- Monday, January 18, 2016: Martin Luther King Day, No School
- Tuesday, January 19, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, January 22, 2016: Fun Lunch Great American Bagel
- Friday, February 5, 2016: Fun Lunch McDonald’s
- Friday, February 12, 2016: No School
- Tuesday, February 16, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, February 19, 2016: Fun Lunch Buona Beef
- Thursday, March 3, 2016: Fun Lunch Potbellys
- Friday, March 4, 2016: Teacher Inservice, No School
- Saturday, March 12, 2016: Reading Games
- Tuesday, March 15, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, March 25, 2016 – Sunday, April 3, 2016: Spring Break, No School
- Friday, April 8, 2016: Fun Lunch Mojos
- Friday, April 8, 2016: Spring Fundraiser LP4P 2
- Tuesday, April 19, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, April 22, 2016: Fun Lunch Great American Bagel
- Friday, May 6, 2016: Fun Lunch Buona Beef
- Tuesday, May 17, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Monday, May 30, 2016: Memorial Day, No School
- *Friday, June 3, 2016: Last Day of School
- *June 6 – June 10 possible emergency day