“Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.”
– Anthony D’Angelo
- NOW through Friday 12/9 – Student Council Annual Candy Cane Sale
- Thursday 12/8 – “Learning Hero” PTA Event at the DG Library – 10am (see below for info)
- Friday 12/9 – Whittier Spirit Day – show your school spirit by wearing blue and gold!
- “Learning Hero” PTA Event
- Fun Lunch Ordering
- Holiday Gift Giving
- Chess Scholars
- Six Flags: Read to Succeed Program
FYI – The Illinois PTA will be donating $200 to the DuPage East region if at least 30 parents attend this event. The Region will split this money (so $100) with the Council with the most members in attendance on Dec. 8th.
2. Fun Lunch Ordering
Ordering for Fun Lunches from January through June of 2017 is open and will close December 29th. Online orders will not be accepted after this date. If you are already registered, you can log on and begin ordering. If you haven’t registered with order lunches, set up an account and begin ordering. Please reach out to Cheri Manney or Geeta Wood with questions.
For the registration letter CLICK HERE
3. Holiday Gift Giving
4. Chess Scholars
5. Six Flags: Read to Succeed Program
Welcome to the Six Flags® Read to Succeed Six Hour Reading Club!
Your child’s school is participating in an exciting program that encourages students in grades
K through 6 to read for fun. Read to Succeed is a free program sponsored by Six Flags Theme Parks. Every student who completes six hours of recreational reading before the school’s deadline of January 13th is eligible for a free admission ticket, valid at the participating Six Flags Theme Park that the school has selected.
Students will develop a greater appreciation for books when they see that you think reading is important too. You are sure to have fun as you investigate the world of reading together!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Only students in grades K through 6 are eligible to participate.
- Review the reading log here. Your child should use this sheet to record what and how long he/she reads.
- Your child must complete 6 hours, or 360 minutes, of recreational reading.
- Please initial each entry and then sign the reading log to verify that the 6 hours of reading has been completed.
- Your child can read books, magazines, newspapers, or comic books (digital or hard copy). Reading for homework or a class assignment does NOT count.
- Students can read silently, aloud, or with an adult—you can read to your child, or your child can read to you.
- Remind your child to return the reading log to his/her teacher by the deadline. Your child’s school will submit your child’s information and hours read.
- Late entries will NOT be accepted.
About the Tickets
- Tickets will be awarded to students by their teacher/school coordinator.
- The ticket is valid for admission to ONE Six Flags theme park on SELECT DATES ONLY during the 2017 season. Park name and valid dates will be printed on the tickets. Please understand that the school can only select one Six Flags Theme Park. The ticket will only be valid for the park that is listed on the ticket. The valid dates will not be announced prior to the ticket award date in early May.
- Tickets are valid for students in grades K-6 only and are not valid for anyone over the age of 13. No exceptions.
- Each ticket is valid for one free student admission only.
- A Season Pass upgrade offer will be available during the ticket valid dates. The upgrade offer information will be printed on the ticket.
- Tickets are NOT for resale and are nontransferable.
- They cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or damaged.
We hope that you and your child enjoy this free program and spend time reading together. If you have any questions about the program or have ticket questions, you will need to contact your child’s teacher or school before the school year is over.
Deadline to return form to school is January 13th!