- Thursday 12/7 – Student Council Spirit Day- Dress Like A Sibling Day
- Friday 12/8 – Deadline for early bird registration for Chess Scholars
- Friday 12/8 – Whittier Spirit Day – Wear your Whittier Wear or blue/gold!
- Now through Friday 12/8 – Student Council Candy Cane Sale
- Now through Friday 12/15 – Annual Whittier Toys for Tots Drive – Bring new unwrapped gifts to donate! (Drop off in any of three containers located throughout the school)
- Next Week! 12/11-12/15 – Student Council Food Drive – There will be a collection table right outside of the office, please send any of the following items: cereal bars, granola bars, instant oatmeal, soups, tuna, mac & cheese, fruit cups
- Spring Fundraiser – Volunteers for Experiences Needed!
- Family Fun Night – Panda Express
- Six Flags Read to Succeed
- Young Rembrandts
- Committee Chairs NEEDED : Jaguar Jog
- Chess Scholars
- Yorktown “School Bucks Program”
1. Spring Fundraiser – Volunteers for Experiences Needed!
Fundraising Guidelines (Revised)
2. Family Fun Night – Panda Express
3. Six Flags Read to Succeed
Read to Succeed is a free program sponsored by Six Flags Theme Parks. Every student who completes six hours of recreational reading is eligible for a free admission ticket, valid at the participating Six Flags Great America. Read to Succeed will begin Tuesday, November 28th and go through Tuesday, January 9th.
CLICK HERE for the info letter
CLICK HERE for the printable Student Reading Log
4. Young Rembrandts After-School Elementary Drawing
5. Committee Chairs NEEDED : Jaguar Jog
We are still searching for our TWO NEW co-chairs for the 2018 & 2019 Jaguar Jog! If you are thinking you may be interested but are hesitant for any reason please contact Cindy Maquet (email@example.com) for more info on what the job entails. There are many volunteers for support! Duties mainly include forming the committee of volunteers to coordinate the Jog and making it a fun and successful event.
If interested in the position, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your consideration in volunteering for this very important PTA fundraiser!
6. Chess Scholars
The winter session of after-school chess starts Monday, December 18th! Classes are held immediately after school at Whittier. For all the information to sign up CLICK HERE for the flier. Please register by Friday, December 8th for the early bird price of $121!
7. Yorktown “School Bucks Program”
Please support our schools together by participating in the Yorktown School Bucks Program!!
December 1–25: Triple points for any Santa Photo Package purchase.
December 5 – 9: Shop at Harry & David for double points!
December 22–24: Double points. All stores and restaurants.
December 26 – 30: Shop at Sweaty Swag for triple points!
HOW IT WORKS:
After shopping and dining at Yorktown, your school’s family and friends can show their Yorktown Center receipts at the Guest Services desk (located on the Lower Level, below The Eatery and near Von Maur) to accumulate points. Shoppers must specify which participating school to allocate the points to.
Show your movie ticket receipts from AMC 18 Yorktown for an easy (and fun!) 75 points per ticket!
Thank you for shopping and giving back to our PTA!
Receipts must be redeemed within 60 days of purchase date. Receipts will be collected from August 1, 2017 until May 1, 2018.
For Whittier to receive a monetary reward, we need to provide $2,000 in receipts by May 1, 2018.