THE LAST DAY TO PLACE YOUR ONLINE FUN LUNCH ORDER IS THIS SUNDAY, DECEMBER 20TH!!
If you took a Mitten, please bring the gift to Whittier ASAP!
- PTA Openings
- Chess Scholar’s
- Holiday Giving
- Reading Games
- Student Council
- Fun Lunch
- District PTA Building Bridges Meeting Information
- Six Flags Reading Program
1. The PTA Needs YOU!!!
Interested in making a difference? Want to help your child’s school? Then become more active in the PTA. The following positions will be vacating this year and replacements are needed:
- Two Co- Vice Presidents – First year Vice President, Second year serve as Presidents
- Treasurer – 2 year commitment
- Secretary – 2 year commitment
If interested, please reach out to a board member for more information.
Presidents: Debbie Levinthal and Tiffany Kuelthau
Co-Vice Presidents: Karrie Donat and Carla Giannelli
Treasurer: Corrine Potter
Secretary: Amy Ihde
The PTA is also in need of a Variety Show chair person. Melissa Rausch, current Variety Show chair-woman is vacating her post after the 2016 show. To ensure a smooth transition, next year would be a great opportunity for the incoming Variety Show chair person to shadow the role and responsibilities prior to directing the event in 2017. If interested, please speak to Melissa Rausch or a board member.
2. CHESS SCHOLAR’S WINTER SESSION 2016
3. Holiday Giving – Mittens Fundraiser
Mittens were due yesterday. If you have not had a chance to drop-off your gift, please return the purchased gifts to the school office by December 14. Remember to attach the original mitten to the unwrapped gift.
Questions? Please contact Amy Cable firstname.lastname@example.org or Peggy Tomchek email@example.com
4. Reading Games
Beginning in the 2016-2017 School Year the PTA will be involved in planning and facilitation of aspects of the Reading Games beyond book selection and question generation (those aspects will continue to be handled by District 58 teachers/librarians). Anyone interested in getting involved and learning more is invited to attend an informational meeting on the evening of January 6th.
In order to ensure a smooth transition of responsibilities, the current Reading Games coordinators would like to have interested individuals shadow them through the remainder of this year’s Reading Games season.
5. Student Council
Thursday, December 17th – PJ/comfy clothes day and a Read-In (we’ll spend time in our classrooms doing some fun, independent reading of any books we love!)
6. Fun Lunch
THE LAST DAY TO PLACE YOUR ONLINE FUN LUNCH ORDER FOR THE ENTIRE SECOND SEMESTER OF SCHOOL IS SUNDAY, DECEMBER 20TH!! THERE CANNOT BE ANY EXCEPTIONS BECAUSE THERE IS A FUN LUNCH ON THE FIRST FRIDAY THAT SCHOOL RESUMES AFTER BREAK.
Fun Lunch 2nd Semester Ordering open from 11/20/15-12/20/15. Orders will need to be placed for the entire spring semester during this time. After 12/20/15, ordering will be closed.
An email will go out Wednesday for those registered on the orderlunches site and also a paper copy of the flyer will go home in backpacks Wednesday or Thursday of this week.
Jan 8: Skuttlebutts
Jan 22: GAB
Feb 5: McDonalds
Feb19: Buona Beef
March 3: Potbelly
March 18: Uncle Bubs
April 8: Mojos
April 22: GAB
Last full day of school in June: McDonald’s
7. District PTA Upcoming Meetings
Building Bridges—A group of District parents that come together to discuss special needs in District 58. Building Bridges has a FB page, Building Bridges Parent/Teacher Group, be sure to like them for ongoing information.
The annual SIT conference will take place in Bensenville on January 22nd. This is a technology driven conference for children in grades 3-12. For more information visit
8. Read for Success – Six Flags Reading Incentive
See below for information regarding Six Flag’s Read to Succeed program where students can earn a free ticket to Six Flags. The program will run from Dec 1- January, 13th.
9. Mother Son Gym Jam
January 8th is the Mother Son Gym Jam at the Downers Grove Rec Center From 6:30-8:30 benefitting SEASPAR. Please note, it is the same night as the Whittier Movie Night. For more information, please see the flyer below:
2016 mom son flyer updated
- Thursday, December 17th: PJ Day
- Friday, December 18, 2015: Fun Lunch Mojos
- Monday, December 21, 2015 – Sunday, January 3, 2016: Winter Break, No School
- Friday, January 8, 2016: Fun Lunch Skuttlebutts
- Monday, January 18, 2016: Martin Luther King Day, No School
- Tuesday, January 19, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, January 22, 2016: Fun Lunch Great American Bagel
- Friday, February 5, 2016: Fun Lunch McDonald’s
- Friday, February 12, 2016: No School
- Tuesday, February 16, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, February 19, 2016: Fun Lunch Buona Beef
- Thursday, March 3, 2016: Fun Lunch Potbellys
- Friday, March 4, 2016: Teacher Inservice, No School
- Saturday, March 12, 2016: Reading Games
- Tuesday, March 15, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, March 25, 2016 – Sunday, April 3, 2016: Spring Break, No School
- Friday, April 8, 2016: Fun Lunch Mojos
- Friday, April 8, 2016: Spring Fundraiser LP4P 2
- Tuesday, April 19, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, April 22, 2016: Fun Lunch Great American Bagel
- Friday, May 6, 2016: Fun Lunch Buona Beef
- Tuesday, May 17, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Monday, May 30, 2016: Memorial Day, No School
- *Friday, June 3, 2016: Last Day of School
- *June 6 – June 10 possible emergency day