- Monday 9/4 – Labor Day – NO SCHOOL
- Thursday 9/7 – Curriculum Night
- Sunday 9/10 – Last Day to Order Whittier Wear (see below for info)
- Host a Fall Experience!
- Jaguar Jog
- Wanted: Walking Club Volunteers
- Spirit Wear Ordering NOW OPEN
- After School Spanish
- Fun Lunch Ordering OPEN
- PTA Tasks
1. Host a Fall Experience!
Looking for volunteers to host experiences for sign up at the Jaguar Jog in September. Experiences are a huge part of our fundraisers and you must be present at the event to sign up! We are specifically looking for volunteers to host a coed, physical activity as well as something creative and/or art focused. These are just suggestions and we welcome any new ideas! Hosts donate the entire experience (often with co-hosts), plan the experience, send out evites, communicate with the attendees regarding reminders, cancellations or re-scheduling for their event. If you have any questions or are interested in helping out, please contact Carla Giannelli firstname.lastname@example.org or Michelle Rafacz email@example.com.
2. Jaguar Jog
Register NOW for the JAGUAR JOG on Sunday, September 17th!
NEW THIS YEAR – The Jaguar Junior 1-Block run for all kiddos that have not yet got to kindergarten (3 and 4 year olds). It will start at 8:30AM.
Click HERE for the flier
Click the link below to register:
**The link will ask you how many people you registering as a family…if you have more than 6 members please let Cindy know. If you are registering for both races it needs to be done separate. Registering as a family will keep the processing fee lower.
If you would like to sponsor our t-shirt, finish line, DJ, an intersection or make any kind of donation in general please contact Cindy Maquet (contact info below). This needs to be done separately from the website for tax matters!
Details for the After Celebration of the Jaguar Jog will be coming soon! Two words… DUNK TANK….will be added on to the fun!
Lastly please feel free to invite neighbors, family and friends to the Jaguar Jog. We are trying our best to make this a community event! We thank you for your support!!!
If you would like to volunteer you can email Val Hardy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to contact Cindy with ANY questions!
3. Wanted: Walking Club Volunteers
4. Spirit Wear Ordering NOW OPEN
5. After School Spanish
After school Spanish is back! We partner with The Language Labs to bring you a weekly 50 minute class of fun Spanish instruction. Learning a second language has been shown to be good for the brain. Studies have found higher math scores, higher verbal scores, higher social studies scores, and higher test scores for children who study another language.
Classes are held every Thursday from 3-3:50 at Whittier for a 20 week session. Cost is $280. Currently the class is open to Grades 1-6 only.
Registration begins THIS FRIDAY September 1st, class begins October 5th. Space is limited! Click HERE to register, choose “Spanish” and then scroll down to the drop down menu and select Whittier’s class for online registration. Instructions on registering by mail are also provided.
There is one opening available for a parent volunteer to attend each class, and will receive half tuition for their child for their service. If interested in being the volunteer or for any questions email Rachel Carrero @ email@example.com
For more information, click HERE for the updated flier.
6. Fun Lunch Ordering OPEN
7. PTA Tasks
PTA Administrative Tasks
1) Enter/Update your Directory information: If you were already in the directory student grades have been updated for 2017-2018. If you have no additional updates, you don’t need to do anything. If your contact info has changed, please update it here (https://whittierschoolpta.org/
2) Register for the PTA 2017-2018: If you have not registered for the PTA for this school year please do so ASAP! Registration/dues are required every year. This is where you can sign up to purchase a paper copy of the directory, get the Jaguar Journal, advertise in the directory, make an Angel Donation, and/or sign up to get more involved in the various Whittier committees and events. If you’d like a paper form or if you have ANY questions, please contact Ann Russell at AnnKHRussell@yahoo.com.