- TODAY, 8/22 – BACK TO SCHOOL EVENTS! New Families to Whittier Tour (3pm), Kindergarten Supply Drop-off (3-3:30pm), Primary Playground Ribbon Cutting (3:30pm), PTA Ice Cream Social (3:30-5pm)
- Thursday 8/24 – FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! Full Day of attendance- 8:20am – 2:55pm
- Monday 9/4 – Labor Day – NO SCHOOL
- Thursday 9/7 – Curriculum Night
- Jaguar Jog
- After School Spanish
- Fun Lunch
- PTA Tasks
1. Jaguar Jog
Save the date! Sunday, September 17th! Register NOW before the chaos of school begins!
NEW THIS YEAR – The Jaguar Junior 1-Block run for all kiddos that have not yet got to kindergarten (3 and 4 year olds). It will start at 8:30AM.
Click HERE for the flier
Click the link below to register:
**The link will ask you how many people you registering as a family…if you have more than 6 members please let Cindy know. If you are registering for both races it needs to be done separate. Registering as a family will keep the processing fee lower.
If you would like to sponsor our t-shirt, finish line, DJ, an intersection or make any kind of donation in general please contact Cindy Maquet (contact info below). This needs to be done separately from the website for tax matters!
AUGUST 22nd– BACK TO SCHOOL SOCIAL AND RIBBON CUTTING
Please visit the Jaguar Jog Table
We will have information and volunteer sign ups – if you would like to volunteer you can email Val Hardy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Details for the After Celebration of the Jaguar Jog will be coming soon! Two words… DUNK TANK….will be added on to the fun!
Lastly please feel free to invite neighbors, family and friends to the Jaguar Jog. We are trying our best to make this a community event! We thank you for your support!!!
Please feel free to contact Cindy with ANY questions!
2. After School Spanish
After school Spanish is back! We partner with The Language Labs to bring you a weekly 50 minute class of fun Spanish instruction. Learning a second language has been shown to be good for the brain. Studies have found higher math scores, higher verbal scores, higher social studies scores, and higher test scores for children who study another language.
Classes are held every Thursday from 3-3:50 at Whittier for a 20 week session. Cost is $280. Currently the class is open to Grades 1-6 only.
Registration begins September 1st, class begins October 5th. Space is limited!
There is one opening available for a parent volunteer to attend each class, and will receive half tuition for their child for their service. If interested in being the volunteer or for any questions email Rachel Carrero @ email@example.com
For more information, click HERE for the flier.
3. Fun Lunch
4. PTA Tasks
PTA Administrative Tasks
1) Enter/Update your Directory information: If you were already in the directory, the student grades for 2017-2018 have already been updated. If you have no additional updates, no further action is required. If your contact info has changed, or if you have a new student (incoming kinder or new to Whittier) and would like to be included in the directory, please make necessary updates. The directory is used for Whittier families only, and can be used to contact classmates and parents.
2) Register for the PTA 2017-2018: If you have not registered for the PTA for this school year please do so ASAP! Registration/dues are required every year. This is where you can sign up to purchase a paper copy of the directory, get the Jaguar Journal, advertise in the directory, make an Angel Donation, and/or sign up to get more involved in the various Whittier committees and events. If you’d like a paper form or if you have ANY questions, please contact Ann Russell at AnnKHRussell@yahoo.com.