******* Hello Whittier Families! ********
Below you will find the first edition of the Whittier Weekly for the 2017/18 school year! You can expect to receive this email every Tuesday to help keep you in the PTA loop.
- Tuesday 8/22 – BACK TO SCHOOL EVENTS! New Families to Whittier Tour (3pm), Kindergarten Supply Drop-off (3-3:30pm), Primary Playground Ribbon Cutting (3:30pm), PTA Ice Cream Social (3:30-5pm)
- Thursday 8/24 – FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! Full Day of attendance- 8:20am – 2:55pm
- Thursday 9/7 – Curriculum Night
- Whittier Green Team Needs Your HELP!
- Fun Lunch
- PTA Tasks
1. Whittier Green Team Needs Your HELP!
Many hands make light work!
Please join us for a Whittier Clean-Up on Saturday, August 19th at 9:00 a.m.
We will be spreading fresh mulch and weeding. Please bring shovels, pitch forks, gloves, gardening tools etc. if you can!! Free Coffee & Donuts! Kiddos welcome and encouraged to help. RSVP to Kelly Freely at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you will be able to lend a hand. Thank You!
2. Fun Lunch
3. PTA Tasks
PTA Administrative Tasks
1) Enter/Update your Directory information: If you were already in the directory, the student grades for 2017-2018 have already been updated. If you have no additional updates, no further action is required. If your contact info has changed, or if you have a new student (incoming kinder or new to Whittier) and would like to be included in the directory, please make necessary updates. The directory is used for Whittier families only, and can be used to contact classmates and parents.
2) Register for the PTA 2017-2018: If you have not registered for the PTA for this school year please do so ASAP! Registration/dues are required every year. This is where you can sign up to purchase a paper copy of the directory, get the Jaguar Journal, advertise in the directory, make an Angel Donation, and/or sign up to get more involved in the various Whittier committees and events. If you’d like a paper form or if you have ANY questions, please contact Ann Russell at AnnKHRussell@yahoo.com.