Open House This Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:30 – 8:00 pm, its a family event
Book Fair in the LRC Through Friday, April 29, 2016
- 2016 Jaguar Jog Planning Meeting – Wednesday, May 18
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Author to Visit Whittier – May 2nd
- Fun Lunch Volunteers Needed
- District 58 Authors Fest
- District 58 Student Registration Open
- Health Exam Reminders
- District 58 2016/2017 School Calendar Available
- Community Event Noah’s Hope 5k Cupcake Classic
1. Jaguar Jog Planning Meeting
Now that the Spring Fundraiser has come to a close, it’s time to talk about the Jaguar Jog…. yep thats right! It is right around the corner : ) PLEASE SAVE THE DATE for our 2016 Jaguar Jog – September 18th! Please join us for a committer meeting if you would like to be involved on Wednesday, May 18th at 7:30pm. (326 5th st). Also if you own or know someone who owns a business and would like to sponsor our race please PM me. It is not to early to let us know if you would like to sponsor an intersection as well : )
2. Teacher Appreciation week is next week, May 2nd-6th!
Students and parents are also encouraged to send teachers and staff notes of thanks sometime during Teacher Appreciation week.
The Teacher Appreciation committee of the PTA will be providing lunch for the teachers and staff on Wednesday.
Thank you in advance for your participation in this yearly tradition to shower our teachers and staff with a visual reminder of our thanks
3. Whittier Author Visit
Whittier Elementary is delighted to welcome author John Bemelmans Marciano and award-winning illustrator Sophie Blackall on Monday, May 2nd. Mr. Marciano and Ms. Blackall will talk with students about their careers and their new book series The Witches of Benevento.
4. Fun Lunch Volunteers Needed
5. District 58 Authors Fest
6. Student Registration Open
7. Health Exam Reminders
Attention parents – Health Examination Reminder
Dental forms are due by May 15th for all kindergarten, 2nd and 6th grade students. Please submit to the school nurse if you have not already done so.
Health forms for incoming 2016-17 kindergarteners (physical and vision) and 6th grade students (physical) are due by Memorial Day.
Please remember that dental exams are required for all incoming kindergarten, 2nd and 6th grade students and can be submitted now.
Thank you for completing these important requirements.
8. Help make this year’s Noah’s Hope Cupcake Classic 5K & Kids 1 mile a success… register to walk or run!
This year, we will be celebrating the life of Noah VanHoutan, who lost his battle against Batten Disease on March 26, 2016, just a few weeks short of his 12th birthday. Noah was a student at Kingsley Elementary School, along with his younger sister Laine, who also suffers from Batten Disease, and Emily, Laine’s twin sister, attends Pierce Downer. You may have seen the red ribbons adorning Whittier & the trees of DG showing support to the VanHouhtan family (and may even have one around a tree at your house!). Noah clearly had an impact in our community; we continue to choose hope as we strive for a cure, and as we honor the fight and life of Noah, taken much too soon.
Show your support and register today!
9. District 58 2016/2017 School Calendar
Mark Your Calendar
- April 25 – April 29 Spring Book Fair
- Tues Apr 26 Student Count Crazy Hair and Hat Day
- Wed April 27 Administrative Professionals Day / Kids Council 8:20
- Thurs April 28 Open House 6:30 -8:30
- Fri April 29 Whittier Blue and Gold Day
- May 2-6 Staff Appreciation Week
- Fri May 6 Whittier Blue and Gold Spirit Day, Fun Lunch Buona Beef
- May 9 -13 Student Council Spirit Week Color Week
- Monday – Wear your favorite color
- Tues Wear Red
- Wed Wear Blue & Gold
- Thurs Wear Purple
- Fri – Rainbow day
- Mon May 8 – Grades 1 and 2 Music Program at 9;00
- BOE Meeting 7:00pm
- Fri May 13 Historical Perspectives Assembly Registration for 2016/2017 is due
- Tues May 17 PTA Meeting 7:00pm
- Monday, May 30, 2016: Memorial Day, No School
- Friday, June 3, 2016: Last Day of School
- Last day of Kindergarter is Thursday June 2, 2016