Join us Tonight at 7:00 p.m. in the LRC for the General PTA meeting. Babysitting will be provided, as usual.
McTeacher Night Tonight! From 4:00 – 6:00, Come to the McDonald’s on Ogden, just East of Fairview
Wear a Hat Tomorrow (4/13/16) and Donate $1.00 to Student Council. All proceeds go to Heavenly Hats.www.heavenlyhats.org
- Family Fun – McTeacher Night Tonight
- Experiences are still available
- Fun Lunch Volunteers Needed
- Authors Fest
- District 58 Returning Student Registration Open
- District 58 2016/2017 School Calendar Available
1. Family Fun – McTeacher Night Tonight!
Make sure your kids have socks on if they’d like to play in the McDonald’s play area during the event. Also, consider bringing $1 bills as there will be a tip jar out and a raffle you can enter.
You should have seen a flyer go home last week about the McTeacher Night. You do not, however, need to bring this flyer to the event in order for your purchases to be included in the total sales that will be used to calculate the percentage that will go back to the PTA.
As always, thank you for your support!
2. Still Time to Sign-Up for Experiences!
Running Club (Fridays 4/15 to 5/20 3:00 to 3:45 pm) $30 per student
Fair Game Party (Wednesday, April 27th) $15 per student
Healthy Living Experience (Saturday, May 15th (1-2 pm or 4-5 pm) $20 per person
Father/Son Fun Night (Wednesday, June 1st 5-7:30 pm) $25 per student
SHRED (Sunday, April 24th) $20 per person
Family Movie Night (Saturday, June 4th) $30 per family
Kubb Tournament (Saturday, August 27th) $30 player/$25 spectator
Flocking $25 per flocking (you can flock more than once)
Also, All Things Whittier:
For $15 there is one spot open in the staff and Student Gaga Tournament. Date TBD.
For $10 there is a spot open from Mrs. Krygeris class to have lunch and games with the 4th, 5th, and 6th grade teachers and one student from each of their classes. Date TBD.
Contact Carla Giannelli for any questions or to get more information at 331-481-1618.
3. Fun Lunch Volunteers Needed
4. Authors Fest
5. Returning Student Registration Open
Downers Grove Grade School District 58 is excited to announce online registration for the upcoming 2016-17 school year!
The registration system, powered by Infosnap, allows you to securely:
- Submit your child’s registration information online.
- Pay applicable fees either at the time of registration or in August.
- Electronically sign our annual permission forms
- Indicate whether you would like to receive a printed or electronic copy of the 2016-17 Schools of 58 parent handbook.
If you do not have a computer at home, please contact your child’s school to set up a time to register online. Registration forms and documents will be available in English and in Spanish.
If you do not wish to register your child online, please contact your child’s school to obtain paper copies of the registration forms, or download and print them from the school’s website. Parents of incoming seventh graders should contact the middle school where their child will attend next year.
Please register your child online by Friday, May 13. You can choose to pay your fees at the time of registration, or pay them this summer. However, all fees are due prior to the start of the 2016-17 school year.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact your school directly, or contact Maria Velez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-719-2768 or Cheryl Freeman email@example.com or 630-719-2768. For technical support, visit infosnap.zendesk.com or click “Contact Us” from any InfoSnap page.
6. District 58 2016/2017 School Calendar
- Tuesday, April 12, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Tuesday, April 12, 2016: McTeacher Night
- Friday, April 22, 2016: Fun Lunch Great American Bagel
- Friday, May 6, 2016: Fun Lunch Buona Beef
- Tuesday, May 17, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Monday, May 30, 2016: Memorial Day, No School
- *Friday, June 3, 2016: Last Day of School
- *June 6 – June 10 possible emergency day