As stated in our Mission, The Whittier PTA strives to create a kind, responsive culture where all feel welcome – this committee plays an important role! Volunteers not only ensure that those new to the Whittier family have a great first experience, but also gather support and resources to those who may need a helping hand.
Program ideas/activities have included (but are not limited to):
- School Supply Kits: Make back-to-school shopping easier for busy Whittier families, as well lower financial barriers to these essential supplies.
- Front Lawn Welcome Signs: For incoming Kindergarten and new families!
- Mittens Program: Providing holiday gifts and support to families who may be facing financial need or uncertainty.
- Winter Wear Share: Provides the Whittier community a way to trade/donate coats and cold-weather apparel.
- New Family Welcome Bags: A fun gesture to those joining the Whittier Family!
This committee could always use a few more smiling faces to expand its reach and develop new ways to make Whittier families feel welcome and supported!