BUDGET: How Much Money Does Each Committee Have? HERE
PROMOTE: A PTA Event in The Whittier Weekly HERE
★ Volunteer Resources ★
“HOW TO”: PTA EXPENSES & YOU!
Please follow the instructions below for Purchases, Reimbursements, Vendor Checks and Deposit Procedures for PTA Expenses. Donations via check can be made out to: “Whittier Elementary School PTA”
⚠️ Reminders ⚠️
PLEASE STAY WITH-IN YOUR APPROVED BUDGET
It is best practice to keep reimbursements to PTA members at a minimum. When possible, please have vendors send an invoice so the Treasurer can pay directly via check.
Please make an effort to submit reimbursement requests in a timely manner so our monthly financials accurately reflect year-to-date expenses and available budget for the remainder of the school year.
Present our Tax Exemption Certificate when purchasing items with sales tax. As a 501c3 organization, paying sales tax is considered a misuse of our funds.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. Your Treasurer is reachable by phone/text or email (email@example.com).
As a Nonprofit organization (501c3), the Whittier PTA has been granted tax exempt status by the IRS. When making purchases on behalf of the PTA, you must present this certificate for taxes to be waived. Some things to note:
- Print this out and bring it with you when you make PTA purchases
- Present the certificate at check-out
- Note: At check out, they may need to get a manager to process the form.
HOW TO: REIMBURSEMENTS/VOUCHERS💰
Expect reimbursement requests to be completed in 5-7 days, as checks require 2 signatures and time for processing. If you need funds immediately, please contact our Treasurer to expedite your request by phone or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill out a “PTA Voucher” Form in its entirety and include ALL RECEIPTS pertaining to your request.
- Vouchers can be submitted in the following ways:
- Use the PTA “VOUCHERS” bin in the school office OR
- Submit to Treasurer at drop-off/pick-up OR
- Place in the Treasurer’s mailbox (Whittier Office) or their personal residence. If you are dropping off a Voucher to a personal residence, please reach out by text first so they know to look out for it. If receipts are lost, you cannot be reimbursed.
NOTE: Please do not send reimbursement requests or money for deposits in your child’s backpack.
HOW TO: DEPOSITS/DEPOSIT SLIP 💸
- Please fill out a ”Deposit Form” in its entirety.
- CASH DEPOSITS SHOULD BE HAND DELIVERED TO THE TREASURER WITHIN 24 HOURS OF THE EVENT DATE (ie: Book Fair, Fundraisers).
- Both the Committee Chair and the Treasurer will RECOUNT the money TOGETHER and sign a deposit receipt. Please text/call/email to arrange a meeting at the event or the Treasurer’s home / another location.
- If a deposit is only checks you may leave it in the PTA bin in a sealed envelope with (1) a Deposit Form and (2) a written tally of the checks. Please label the outside of the envelope with your committee name, to the attention of Treasurer and let them know via email or text that this has been left in the PTA bin so they can pick it up right away.
Donations via check can be made out to: “Whittier Elementary School PTA”