**Variety Show THIS Saturday, November 14th at 10:00 at the Tivoli**
Due to technical difficulties, the Whittier Weekly was not able to send yesterday, apologies for any inconveniences this might have caused
1. Variety Show
2. Bookfair with Anderson’s
3. Winter Wonderland
4. Free Viewing of “The Mask You Live In”
1. Variety Show
It’s show time! The Whittier School Variety show is this Saturday, November 14th at 10 a.m. at the Tivoli Theatre. No tickets needed…all are welcome! If you or a member of you group needs handicap accessible seating email Melissa Rausch at firstname.lastname@example.org we will hook you up.
Information about Thursday’s Tivoli practice, Friday’s school show and Saturday’s Tivoli performance was sent home last week (please see attachment) and adult supervisors for groups will be given last minute information (if any arises) so check with them. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask!
Don’t forget to place your DVD orders…DUE Friday! (see attachment)
Saturday will be the Best Day of My Life!
DVD Order form
Rehearsal info_ best day of my life
2. Bookfair with Anderson’s – November 19, 20, and 23 – LRC
We are excited to be working with Anderson’s Bookfair Company for the Fall Book Fair. We customized the fair to include recommendations from teachers and the librarian as well as a wide variety of genres.
A few items to note:–Reading Games Books will be available.
–Students will create wishlists that will be available to you.
–Teachers have created lists of books they recommend as well as wishlists for their classrooms.
–No toys, just books.
–By using Anderson’s, we are entitled to FREE author visits, including the one that occurred last month.
–students will have access to preview the fair during the week of 11/16; however, there will be no sales permitted during the school day. Please do not send money to school with your children.
You will receive a full-color flyer with just some of the great selections.
If you would like to volunteer, please contact Jen Mielke at email@example.com.
Thursday, November 19; 3:00-8:00pm (PTC Night)
Friday, November 20; 3:00-6:00pm (Extra Night)
Monday, November 23; 8:00am-12noon (PTC Day)
Denise Lazar, Jen Mielke and Kelly ColemanEvent Co-Chairs
3. Winter Wonderland Family Photos with Profession Photog Miles Boone
-Snacks and beverages will be served in the Jaguar Jungle.
-A Secret Santa holiday shoppe will be set up for children to purchase inexpensive gifts for their friends and family. Gift-wrapping included.
-Sing along karaoke-style to your favorite winter and holiday classics.
-Children will create a holiday project and play holiday-themed games for fun prizes that might even make for a festive gift to give!-Write a letter to Santa (or to whoever else they’d like to share their wishlist with this season).
-A photo station with photography provided by Miles Boone Photography will be available so don your holiday best and get ready for a merry and bright time!
For more information on Miles Boone Photography or to schedule a family couch photo session contact Miles firstname.lastname@example.org
Whittier’s Winter Wonderland is coming up on December 6, 11:30-1:30.
Your family can still participate ($40/family) by emailing Rita Brezina email@example.com.
4. The Mask You Live In
“Man up.” “Don’t be a sissy.” “Don’t cry.” “Talk like a man.” “Act like a man.” “Be a man.” Millions of boys hear these words, these phrases, these commands, almost every day of their lives. They absorb the words and then spend a lifetime dealing with their effects. For our young boys, the path from boyhood to manhood is strewn with harmful words and stereotypes.
- Thursday, November 12, 2015: Variety Show Tivoli Rehearsal 3:00-5:00 MANDATORY
- Thursday, November 12, 2015: 1st Grade Dress the Turkey
- Friday, November 13, 2015: Blue & Gold Spirit Day
- Friday, November 13, 2015: Report Card Day
- Saturday, November 14, 2015: Variety Show at the Tivoli 10:00 am
- Tuesday, November 17, 2015: Intramurals (grades 5-6)
- Thursday, November 19, 2015: PTA Fall Book Fair (3-8)
- Thursday, November 19, 2015: Parent / Teacher Conferences
- Friday, November 20, 2015: PTA Fall Book Fair (3-6)
- Friday, November 20, 2015: Blue & Gold Spirit Day
- Monday, November 23, 2015: Parent Teacher Conferences
- Monday, November 23, 2015: PTA Fall Book Fair (8-12)
- Tuesday, November 24, 2015 – Friday, November 27, 2015: Thanksgiving Holiday, No School
- Tuesday, December 1, 2015: Intramurals (Grades 5-6) 2:55-3:55
- Friday, December 4, 2015: Blue & Gold Spirit Day
- Monday, December 7, 2015: Music Program Grades 5 and 6 at 9:00 am
- Tuesday, December 8, 2015: General PTA Meeting
- Monday, December 21, 2015 – Sunday, January 3, 2016: Winter Break, No School
- Monday, January 18, 2016: Martin Luther King Day, No School
- Tuesday, January 19, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, February 12, 2016: No School
- Tuesday, February 16, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, March 4, 2016: Teacher Inservice, No School
- Saturday, March 12, 2015: Reading Games
- Tuesday, March 15, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Friday, March 25, 2016 – Sunday, April 3, 2016: Spring Break, No School
- Friday, April 8, 2016: Spring Fundraiser LP4P 2
- Tuesday, April 19, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Tuesday, May 17, 2016: General PTA Meeting
- Monday, May 30, 2016: Memorial Day, No School
- *Friday, June 3, 2016: Last Day of School
- *June 6 – June 10 possible emergency day