Destination ImagiNation is a community-based, school-friendly program that builds participants’ creativity, problem solving, and teamwork in enjoyable and meaningful ways. Teams of students choose one of several challenges (e.g. improvisational, technical, scientific, service, fine arts) to create solutions over several months. Students also prepare for an instant challenge (could be performance or building-related) for the day of competition. The goals of Destination ImagiNation are for participants to:
- Foster creative and critical thinking.
- Learn and apply creative problem solving method and tools.
- Develop teamwork, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Nurture research and inquiry skills, involving both creative exploration and attention to detail.
- Enhance and apply written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Promote the recognition, use, and development of many varied strengths and talents.
- Encourage competence in, enthusiasm for, and commitment to real-life problem solving.
For more information on what DI is all about, please visit the website at destinationimagination.org.
Destination Imagination experienced a hiatus over the past few years due to COVID. This program requires parent/guardian volunteers to be offered. Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested.