What is the PTA?
The Whittier PTA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit local unit organized under the authority of the Illinois PTA, a branch of the National PTA. Our mission and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion reflects the guidance and best practices of the National and IL State PTA.
Our PTA is run by volunteers. Membership fees go toward our IL PTA state dues, DirectorySpot costs (the PTA’s online school directory) and all of the amazing events, programs and services we organize for teachers, students, parents and families! HERE is our budget with more details.
Everything we do supports our mission.
PTA Membership quick facts:
- All are Welcome – Moms, Dads, Parent(s), Guardian(s), etc.
- You do not need to volunteer to be a Member.
- You are not required to attend meetings as a Member.
Although we are grateful to those who can/do! We love our volunteers!
What does the PTA support?
Programs for our children, teachers, parents and families! Please look through our website to see all the amazing offerings!
What are the benefits to joining?
- Access the online school directory (and mobile app)
- Receive the newly redesigned weekly PTA Newsletter
- Become part of a dedicated group that supports programs and opportunities for our kiddo(s) and our community!
Note: Cost should never be a barrier to participating in your PTA. If you would like to request assistance with Membership fees, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to email the board at email@example.com.